RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys - I tried finding the answer and I was unsuccessful. Help would be appreciated.

I am planning on driving the White Rim Road's 100 mile / 160 km loop in my 2016 V8 RRS. I will start with a full tank of gasoline. I will mostly drive below 10 mph / 16kph on this loop in High Range.

Will I have enough Gasoline if I start with a full tank?? :shock:

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
I think you’ll be fine. I get about 150 miles to a tank at a mix of high and low speed off-roading

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I would certainly hope you can get 100 miles out of a tank but you will experience very steep climbs, winding sections etc. Safety on this kind of dirt trail and terrain require over prepping. Make sure to take plenty of water, additional food, blankets in case something happens and you have to stay overnight. Temps will be hot during the day and chilly at night. Some parts of the trail require low range and 10 MPH may be too speedy for some switch backs. You will be at appx 4000 feet at the lowest elevation and appx 6200 feet at the highest. To be on the cautious side I would purchase a new 2 or 5 gallon safety can and carry extra fuel. You know the old addage, if you have it you won't need it.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I will get a 5 gallon safety can & fill it with gasoline. I agree - not needing it is better than needing it.

I will make sure I have plenty of water, food, and extra clothing including warm clothing. The car has BFGoodrich TA KO2 tires with a full size spare KO2. I will also have a satellite phone, a S&W Model 629 Classic, and a few Cohiba Robustos. :D

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
yeah this is from my L322 HSE a few years ago. certain things can get real out there :D

WP_000298.jpg

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
194 Posts
or just take a diesel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts