RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my RRS in November. It is scheduled to go into production tomorrow with an April delivery date. I've never had to wait 5 months for a car. In the meantime, I went racing yesterday and set a new personal best of [email protected] in the quarter with an also best 60' of 1.37 seconds. I have included a couple of vidos for your entertainment. I had a reaction time of .007 on this run. Hopefully those of you waiting for your RRSs can have as much fun as I did yesterday. The first is in realtime and the second is in slow motion...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Time for some wheelie bars!

It reminds me of that show "Pass-time" that used to be on the Speed channel, too bad the channel was rebranded.

·
Banned
144 Posts
The Vette driver needs to learn how to cut a light. He was the faster car by 3 tenths in both races which equates to 3 car lengths. He won 1 of 2. Cool race video.
true, but 0-60, the Tesla bests him by a good bit. once the legs start stretching, that's when an electric motor will always be outgunned by gas-powered horsepower and gearing.

i have never liked Corvettes until this latest one (and yours, of course).

·
Registered
437 Posts
I ordered my RRS in November. It is scheduled to go into production tomorrow with an April delivery date.
What a coincidence, mine is scheduled to go into production tomorrow as well; with an April delivery date. HOPING we both get good news and get an early delivery like some of the others on here.

Ordered an HSE in Loire Blue. Options: Vision/Convenience Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Extra Duty (Terrain Response 2), Front Climate/Visibility Package, and Meridian Sound.

So far from all the posts everyone seems to be happy with their orders...

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a coincidence, mine is scheduled to go into production tomorrow as well; with an April delivery date. HOPING we both get good news and get an early delivery like some of the others on here.

Ordered an HSE in Loire Blue. Options: Vision/Convenience Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Extra Duty (Terrain Response 2), Front Climate/Visibility Package, and Meridian Sound.

So far from all the posts everyone seems to be happy with their orders...
Our cars will probably be on the same boat/train. They probably go to SoCal first and then the Bay Area. I've got the same car exactly except the color; white on white and I ordered the factory tow package.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Our cars will probably be on the same boat/train. They probably go to SoCal first and then the Bay Area. I've got the same car exactly except the color; white on white and I ordered the factory tow package.
Nice! What dealership did you order yours from? I went through Cerritos.

I almost ordered the tow package; but the dealer said I could always add it in the future if I wanted. I don't foresee towing too much stuff. Just carrying my snowboards and possibly camping gear.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! What dealership did you order yours from? I went through Cerritos.

I almost ordered the tow package; but the dealer said I could always add it in the future if I wanted. I don't foresee towing too much stuff. Just carrying my snowboards and possibly camping gear.
I ordered mine from British Motors of SF. The tow package was only $650 (I think) when ordered with the car. It is about $1800 to add it on including parts and labor.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice run. That vette is a beast. What fun.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks Birdie. That car has been my toy and hobby since I bought it new 30 years ago.
Wow. An original huh. 4 speed vette? My best friends dad growing up had a 94 with the 4 speed and a special button (if I remember right). That car was fun stock. Could never imagine with what you have done.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. An original huh. 4 speed vette? My best friends dad growing up had a 94 with the 4 speed and a special button (if I remember right). That car was fun stock. Could never imagine with what you have done.
The car originally came with a manual. I swapped out an automatic years ago which is better for bracket racing; more consistent and fewer parts breakage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts