Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to wire a license plate backup camera to the reverse lights in our '05 MKIII. I've read somewhere on here that you can access the wires to the reverse lights via the spare-tire well rather than pull the taillights off. If it's possible to do it via the spare tire well or inside the truck elsewhere, that would be ideal.

Can someone tell me what's the easiest way to tap into the reverse lights (specifically, which wire is +12v and which is ground?) I don't want to accidentally short out the truck if I can avoid it.

Thank you all for your help!

(I've replaced half my engine, suspension, window motors, you name it...and now I'm stumped on a $20 reverse camera...)

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you pull up the floor to access the spare tire well, you'll see multiple grounding lugs against the back of the well. You can use any of these with a ring terminal as your ground. As far as the +12v for the reverse lights, there are two yellow and white wires coming out of the tailgate in a big bundle just to the passenger side of the car's center line. These are what you're looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts