RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about replacing my shock absorbers. Currently I have stock air suspension.
But down the road I may replace with coil conversion. Do any shocks work well
with both that are not to stiff for everyday driving? Sounds like coils need alot
more controll than eas. Stock shocks I heard wont work with coils and bilseteins
are kinda stiff. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hammer time.

Rick from www.doetsch-shocks.com offer their "Pre-runner" progressive rate dampers which are available out West - stateside !

These have been around a long time & are still ahead of the competition, as it has been their bread & butter the last 25 years ?

They are available as standard with an additional 2 inches of travel which allows retro-fitment on FFRR's airbag suspension too.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
vinniman said:
Hammer time.

Rick from http://www.doetsch-shocks.com offer their "Pre-runner" progressive rate dampers which are available out West - stateside !

These have been around a long time & are still ahead of the competition, as it has been their bread & butter the last 25 years ?

They are available as standard with an additional 2 inches of travel which allows retro-fitment on FFRR's airbag suspension too.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
Hi,
Do you mean we can use this shocks with Arnott Gen3 airsprings?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Doetsch tech will custom make any shock you want, to any specs you want.

I'm pretty sure I was the first P38 to get them made, and I've been very happy with them.

Not to mention, they're about 1/3 the cost of Bilsteins and others.

·
Registered
494 Posts
does anyone know who the first p38 owner to have these was? :dance:
j/k. i've had my eye on their website for a while. have to do front brakes first though. :(

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
After reading a few posts about the Doetsch shocks having issues with the welding on the mounts, I asked around and settled for KYB GR2's. They improved the ride, especially when towing.
Not had any issues up to yet.
A seller on ebay has them for a reasonable price (@$240 IIRC).

Martin

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I've ran DT's on two Jeeps and the P, and never had an issue with any of them. Wait...I take that back. One shock died out of nowhere and I sent it back, no questions asked, and had a new one in 3 days.

Tough to go wrong with a lifetime warranty on a $30 shock.

·
Registered
543 Posts
996Turbo.

The "Pre-runner" shocks are applicable to the rear fitment only of FFRR L322 airbag suspension models with the Arnott Gen3's !

Understandably Arnott offer their front replacement Gen3's which are a McPherson Strut fixture and are O.E. compliant as per their web-site, as I believe the original L322 struts were specially designed Bilstien units which worked with the air suspension ?

I suppose Rick @ Doetsch-Tech could re-build FFRR front units to any desired specification if you had the dosh and time to wait.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts