Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Range Rover Sport V8 4.4 (and it's great!) but I need some help to identify the right make and model of mobile telephone to fit into the cradle - it's not Nokia 6100, 6220 or 6230 - any help much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

but seriously, its for one of the old Nokia's--nothing you'd want to use today.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Most people remove the cradle and harness for the added room in the cubby. I know a few folks that have hunted down an old Nokia and have it in there for novelty. So far that's really the only options as I don;t believe anyone has beed able to retro fit the harness for a newer phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's quite ironic as I used to work for Motorola and that was the first real "handy" I was given - was a while ago :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I will try to find a suitable device, it may be old fashioned but I'd prefer to have the hands free available whilst on the move :)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
thanks, I will try to find a suitable device, it may be old fashioned but I'd prefer to have the hands free available whilst on the move :)
Perhaps I'm missing something this cradle can do, but wouldn't ANY phone w Bluetooth and a cig lighter charger do the same thing this cradle would do already??

I think you'd need to visit electronic trash dumps in India to find a phone that fits this cradle. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover Sport
1,223 Posts
Rumor had it reception would be improved, but I can't recall anyone on here who actively used a phone compatible with that cradle. Those phones were already a generation or two behind by the time the RRS came out. IIRC I was using Bluetooth with a Razr when I got the vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have that option in my 2006 rrs but... what a hassle finding a phone that worked. Nokia made the accessory for rover. You have to buy a cradle to go with the socket shown. I think there were 2 or 3. I finally bought one then went to store after store taking phones out to the truck to see if the would fit. I finally found a soap bar phone from ATT/Nokia. keypad on dash worked , the truck held some of the sim addresses in memory and reception/antenna were better with convenient charging. But mic was terrible, the phone wasn't one you would want these days and it was all killed soon there after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts