Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My land is RR Sport HSE 17/17 TDV6 3.0 306HP

Recently my OIL FILTER broke at 104400km (64871 miles) and I'm having a hard time choosing the best part. I located the part number LR061969 > LR124259 or FW93-6B624-AB which is engraved on top of the cover. (photo attached 1)

The problem is that a version of this part appears to be the previous one on my car. The piece looks a lot like the original, but there are some details in it that I'll show you. (photo attached 2).

I ended up buying another piece (photo attached 3), but I'm thinking I should change it. I would like to know what you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
How did it break? What happened exactly? That is a pretty hearty part as I've changed my oil 4 times now and always found that part to be beefy. It has to be to take the torque JLR wants us to torque the oil cap on-to and it's under pressure as well. Either way, I hope you get it sorted out and have no leaks or problems...

I've found either OEM parts from JLR or FCP Euro's OEM offerings are good substitute replacement parts as a rule of thumb!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ham,

Thank you for your attention. I don't know how it was broken. In fact, I pulled over my car for regular oil exchange and the mechanic found a leak was coming from inside the engine. I replaced the part for OEM parts and until now everything was normal, but I have a feeling I should have switched to the original.

How did it break? What happened exactly? That is a pretty hearty part as I've changed my oil 4 times now and always found that part to be beefy. It has to be to take the torque JLR wants us to torque the oil cap on-to and it's under pressure as well. Either way, I hope you get it sorted out and have no leaks or problems...

I've found either OEM parts from JLR or FCP Euro's OEM offerings are good substitute replacement parts as a rule of thumb!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi Ham,

Thank you for your attention. I don't know how it was broken. In fact, I pulled over my car for regular oil exchange and the mechanic found a leak was coming from inside the engine. I replaced the part for OEM parts and until now everything was normal, but I have a feeling I should have switched to the original.
I'm betting someone (mechanic or tech) overt-orqued your oil filter cap and that is what happened. It happens... I've known mechanics that acted like using a torque wrench was like being handed a case of the "clap" or worse... And I promptly started doing my own maintenance at 19 years old just because of "that type" of mechanic.

Anyways, OEM parts from JLR and/or FCP Euro are great parts so always roll with them and you'll be fine!

Reactions: brenoperucchi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts