RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've searched the forum before posting but all of the other posts seem to be about retro-fitting modu
les to get certain functions.

My question is this, when did full iPod integration get introduced by LR for the L322. A friend has a black curly lead in his 2009 RR Sport in the Centre Console.

I'm guessing that because its in the Sport, it must be in the full fat RR, but when was it introduced

When I say full integration, I mean charging, play back and control via the stereo.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I believe it was MY10. I do know that they (MY10) have the USB/Ipod jack in the center console - just not 100% sure if it was standard earlier.

Why is this so important? Retrofitting the OEM integration module is not an option?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stevemfr said:
I believe it was MY10. I do know that they (MY10) have the USB/Ipod jack in the center console - just not 100% sure if it was standard earlier.

Why is this so important? Retrofitting the OEM integration module is not an option?
Hi Steve,

I've read a lot of posts on here regarding adding iPod functionality and Bluetooth support and depending on which Dealer/Stealer you're dealing with, the colour of his socks on the day and a prevailing wind everyone seems to have a different tale to tell of how successful they've been, either upgrading existing firmware or swapping modules.

I'm in the market for a recent L322 with a TDV8 and rather than buy an earlier model year that doesn't have full iPod and Bluetooth support I'd rather get a later one that has.

Now you've kind of asked the same question I asked myself off forum, is it possible to retro-fit iPod support into an earlier car and has anyone had it done by their Dealer, if so how much and whats involved and does it give full support?

TIA

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Hi Mark,
Yes, yes, too much, and yes. :)
Seriously, there is a thread with pics somewhere.

Issues to be aware of as far as I can remember:
- MY 2006 needs the upper dash pad removed to access the back of the head unit; 07's had the wiring relocated to behind the glove box.
- bluetooth needs the latest module and FW to work properly (you speak of an iPod btw - bluetooth is just for phone functionality. No A2DP)
- I'm not sure if later iPods/iPhones will charge properly - although there is an easy fix for this.

To be honest, though, I'd concentrate more on the car and my wallet than the iPod connectability. It is def possible to make the ipods work in an earlier model - and I wouldn't let a dealer anywhere near my car outside of necessary maintenance w/in the warranty. But that's just me...

·
Registered
441 Posts
i added the oem ipod kit from the dealer to my 07 HSE. it works fine as far as sound, charges the ipod. whats not great is the scrolling thru songs and navigating. i havent used the unit in a while but i believe u access the ipod thru the satellite radio page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts