RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 HSE or 2006 Supercharged?

Same mileage, around 36k, and same price, $37k.

I'm coming from a BMW 550i. So either vehicle will be slow to me.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
Depends on whether the HSE has the Luxe Package or not...

Color choices - inside and out?

·
Registered
121 Posts
3Series said:
2007 HSE or 2006 Supercharged?

Same mileage, around 36k, and same price, $37k.

I'm coming from a BMW 550i. So either vehicle will be slow to me.
no major changes between years. Go S/C for more power, nicer wheels, better interior and better brakes!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The SC is not fast by any means, but it is plenty quick to be fun to drive around and get out of its own way. The HSE is downright sluggish IMHO. Coming from the 550 I thin you'll want the SC for sure!

-TJ

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Need you really ask? why wouldn't you take the SC given same sort of ownership history. :think:

Am I missing something?

Megs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen the cars in person. The supercharged could be a smokers car....it's being sold at an infiniti dealership. The HSE is being sold at a BMW dealership and since it is a 07, prob a year of warranty left, there are other similar HSE vehicles being advertised at LR dealers and other places for the same price.

Is the gas mileage similar between the two?

What kind of range is everyone getting?

Gas mileage in the 550 is also poor, I get about 14mpg however my range is barely 200 miles with all city driving.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
3Series said:
I haven't seen the cars in person. The supercharged could be a smokers car....it's being sold at an infiniti dealership. The HSE is being sold at a BMW dealership and since it is a 07, prob a year of warranty left, there are other similar HSE vehicles being advertised at LR dealers and other places for the same price.
Yep, I suppose that the warranty is a good point. Although I'd always check the actual warranty expiry date on both as the difference could be pretty short. I recently nearly bought a 2006 RR SC, and was pleasantly surprised that the car was registered "late" and that the 4 year warranty wasn't started until Dec 06 (or thereabouts.) Both warranties will last until 50K within the 4 year time limit (I think?) Also, I think there's probably a few spec changes between the two model years that you can read about on this website (bluetooth?), or perhaps even teething problems with the 06 that were eliminated the following year?

I'm just a petrolhead - forgive me, still the SC :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just went through the same decision a few months ago. I went with the SC and haven't regretted it since. I love it. However if you can get CPO I would. I've a few major problems and still having warranty is nice. The COP is just now coming into affect for me so I have another 12 months. Either way I'd definitely go with the SC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts