RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport HSE
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who might be the OEMs of LR041108 / LR041110 if the label on the struts says "Made in GB"?

I just received a set of air struts I ordered from Atlantic British (roverparts.com), a very reputable source. I paid extra because it is "OEM by Delphi". When it arrived, it didn't have a Delphi brand on it or any brand for that matter. I talked to their sales rep, they said their supplier changed recently but don't know who the manufacturer is. So now, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to keep these unbranded OEMs and just trust that if it's Made in GB it should be solid...or spend half the money on an OEM part from lrdirect.com.

Here's the info / part number / COO on my struts:
  • Front: 22275447A, LR041108G, MADE IN GB
  • Rear: 22275449A, LR041110G, MADE IN GB
Also, the "Made in GB" label doesn't exactly look fantastic either...I wouldn't trust that label myself if it didn't come from Atlantic British. But I digress...

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
I've never seen ANYTHING marked Made In GB, made in UK or made in EU maybe but not GB. With a poorly printed sticker that isn't even on straight, my guess would be most likely made in China or India.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
337 Posts
I, also, had ordered LCAs "made by OE" from AB and they came without any kind of label or identification at all. I returned them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah I am returning them as well. Ordered a set of OE struts for half the price from LR Direct, and that's including $160 shipping. I'll share a pic of what those look like when they arrive.

If I bought these air struts from eBay I definitely would have called BS on the "Made in GB" label. I think I was being hopeful since I bought these from Atlantic British...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Those will probably look exactly the same as the ones you've got from AB just for a lot less money :)
When doing the front ones, I ordered them from Arnott originally and waited for nearly 2 month for back order and then gave up. I would buy rears from Arnott as well but they stopped selling directly and want $700+ each (I need them for 2013 RRS with ACE)
so kinda expensive given that there are $500 alternatives... Most likely will order from LRDirect again.

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
From what I can see you get ripped off in the States for parts which can be had much cheaper (and in many cases, better quality) buying from LRDirect, Island 4x4 or Rimmerbros in the UK. All will ship to the US. For odd things from suppliers that won't ship to the US, people have bought them but had them sent to me in the UK, I've then forwarded them on. I've received and sent on 3 Direnza P38 alloy radiators and even with the shipping they still came out at half the price of an equivalent 'custom' job from the US.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
392 Posts
I would ask your Atlantic British sales rep. The Dunlop units are made in the uk - I had my indie install then so I didn’t look at the unit closely (outer packaging said made in uK - or perhaps it was gb - but I didn’t pay that much attention) Not sure where the Delphi’s would be made ....Happy with the Dunlop’s so far - sport rides like new again

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah I am returning them as well. Ordered a set of OE struts for half the price from LR Direct, and that's including $160 shipping. I'll share a pic of what those look like when they arrive.

If I bought these air struts from eBay I definitely would have called BS on the "Made in GB" label. I think I was being hopeful since I bought these from Atlantic British...
Ha! I was pocking around and there is an Airstrut offered by Allmakes4x4 that they sell as their premium replacement part and it has that "made in GB" label on it. They dont advertise as OE or OE quality but do state that this item was sold in last 8 years with nearly zero returns, none in past 12 month (would be more convincing if stated how many were sold in last 12 month). So I guess it is safe to assume that AB guys sold you Allmakes airstrut... I would find it hard to believe that Allmakes guys have a manufacturing line, like Arnott for example, probably have these manufactured to their specs in China I guess. I dont know... Do Brits really label their products "made in GB"??? Or it is likely common mistake for far-far away foreigner to lay it out like that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha! I was pocking around and there is an Airstrut offered by Allmakes4x4 that they sell as their premium replacement part and it has that "made in GB" label on it. They dont advertise as OE or OE quality but do state that this item was sold in last 8 years with nearly zero returns, none in past 12 month (would be more convincing if stated how many were sold in last 12 month). So I guess it is safe to assume that AB guys sold you Allmakes airstrut... I would find it hard to believe that Allmakes guys have a manufacturing line, like Arnott for example, probably have these manufactured to their specs in China I guess. I dont know... Do Brits really label their products "made in GB"??? Or it is likely common mistake for far-far away foreigner to lay it out like that?
Good to know. Thanks for the info man!

I really wish reputable suppliers can make the Country of Origin a lot more clear, for both Genuine and OEMs and OEM replacements actually. Nothing wrong with offering Made in China parts at a lower price, and nothing wrong with offering Made in UK / GB / EU parts at a higher price. To each their own. Just tell us who the manufacturer is, what country it is made in, and we as consumers can do our own research and make our decision. That way we know what we're getting. The fact that even AB doesn't know who the manufacturer is for the air struts I got just tells you how foggy the supply chain is.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I dont think that AB guys dont know. They do not want to say because then what stops you from going to allmakes website and just order directly. I guess as they say: nothing personal, just business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts