RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Ones I have driven? Out of all of the cars nothing has the soul of a E-Type. Flat 12, BR Green, chrome spoke knock off wheels, in drophead of course. 8)

Favorite car Ive yet to drive. DBS, black with Havanna tan interior.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Porsche 912.

Followed close by the 89 951.

Favorite SUV... MKIII RR. Black. Like my women.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Defender 110, 55 chevy (Resto Mod), and the defender 90 and I do love my P38!

Scotty

·
Registered
286 Posts
Gulf Ford GT40 `)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
Of the cars I've owned, my favorites are my '92 Range Rover, '60 Jaguar XK-150 FHC, '86 Peugeot 505 Turbo wagon, '77 Peugeot 604, and '67 Land-Rover NADA wagon. Of the rest, there are many I love. Of ones I might almost manage to own: Jaguar 3.5-liter ("Mk IV") of the late 40s, Audi S6 Avant and Allroad, Jaguar XJ8 (the later ones, through '09), and (just barely conceivably) the Maserati Quattoporte (just before the larger grille of the current one). Of the classics I will never be able to own, my favorites are Jaguar SS-100, Alfa Romeo 6C1750 and 8C2500, SJ Duesenbergs, and Packards (all from the mid-30s), Mercedes 300SL, Porsche 550 Spider, Aston Martin DB2-4 Mk III and DB4 GT Zagato, and Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta Lusso and 250GT Zagato. The coolest car I ever got a ride in was a Birdcage Maserati driven by Ken Miles and Riverside Raceway, about 1963 or '64.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hard question as there are so many. I have always loved "Q" cars though. That is, cars that look less than ordinary but go like a rocket. The one most people would thin of is the Lancia Delta HF Intergralle Turbo 24v. Loos like a cheap late 70's hatchback (which most of the ordinary ones really were) but WOW!

For me though the ultimate Q car has already been mentioned but an earlier version. The early 1980's Maserati Quattoporte. Never seen one? I think those who own them hide them for shame LOL. The mid sixties version got all the looks.

1960's

:pray:

·
Registered
867 Posts
HAHAHA My neighbor had a Quattroporte. The 80s one. When he first got it, he was busy telling everyone how amazing this car was. It was rare, I'll give it that. It's 2010, and it sits, decaying in his garage because no one will buy the thing for $7,500. He has tried to sell it the past 10 years. He also has a crappy Bi-Turbo, for the same price.

My favorite car I ever owned, might have been Clifford, my 2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (see pic on left). The car I want to own, which (hopefully) will be next year, a Mercedes G55 AMG.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I'd also love a 60s Maserati Quatroporte.
I've never seen one, let alone been anywhere near owning one.

As far as favourite cars go, Range Rover, Defender 90, Land Rover Series One, Jaguar XK120 roadster, E-Type Coupe (not the ugly 2+2), Mk2 or original S-Type, Rover P5 & P6 (the SD1 also had great potential), original Aston DBS and DB5, Ferrari 330, early Porsche 911 and 365.
Sensible modern daily drivers would be an e39 M5 or an S/RS Audi(possibly an S5).

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Roverrad95 said:
crappy Bi-Turbo .
top gear dropped a dumpster on one of those.. :)

Had a '96 BMW 523 when I was stationed in England, LOVED that motor, and it was base spec, cloth seats and all...

·
Registered
269 Posts
If we're keeping it strictly cars then the first three to go in my elaborate underground, heated, well lit garage would be:

My Range Rover Iris, (Duh)
Some form of Austin Martin. (not sure which one I like most, perhaps either V12 Vantage or maybe the Vanquish)
A brand new fancy Range Rover will every extra possible.

If it's not structly cars then a Kraz 5133 or 255 or a ZIL-497200 would definately be in the line up. :mrgreen: :twisted:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Too tricky to find in the carpark after work. :naughty: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well maybe not many of you will agree but among my favourites are:
Cadillac Eldorado (68 or something with the FWD)
Buick Riviera (around 73, with the 455)
Proper full size Cadillacs and buicks from early 70s

And of course RR pre 2003 (RRS are also ok).

Thorst.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thorst said:
Well maybe not many of you will agree but among my favourites are:
Cadillac Eldorado (68 or something with the FWD)

I've had a 1989 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe in Switzerland, after 3 month I swaped it for a 1979 SeriesIII Land Rover. :shhh:

Since that time Series Land Rover and CLassic Range Rover are my favorites.
But I'd also love to have a Citroen BX or a CX Break with it's great suspension here on the bad canadian roads :thumb:

cheers Chris

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
100 Posts
VERY difficult Q.....

I love my Rangie...
The Pikes Peak Quattro, who could resist 650hp and a 5 pot sound track `)
A GT40 would be nice
Mercedes Gullwing
Corvette Stingray
AC Cobra
Merc 600 Grosser
Ferrari F40 (one of the few ferraris I would own!)
Porsche 993 GT2
Audi UR S4 (my Dad's old '93 Audi 100 is one of the cars I loved most!)
Have to have a flock of various utility landys
101 8)
Original V8 Vantage

and just for hooning about, have to throw in a Metro 6R4. An awful car in street spec, but a 400bhp NA V6 in the boot makes all the difference :lol:

Probably more that I would have, can't think of any more right now!

EDIT: Throw an Overfinch Classic into the mix :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
aarghh..tricky one!Maybe Bentley continental turbo R :shock:
Rgds:Jukka
RR92 Westminster 4.6
-73 rover P6 3500efi(soon on the road again :mrgreen: )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts