RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This engine may have come out of a FI Disco, but is now carb'd.
My Coolant Temp gauge on the cluster does not work. I'm looking to replace the sensor and wire it up.
I've got 3 possibilities and only 1 is wired. All 3 are numbered in the attached photo.
I'd be most appreciative if someone could help with part numbers for 1 & 2 (which need to be replaced/resealed) and let me know which is the sensor for the instrument cluster on my dash.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nr 1 is the normal location for this the dash gauge sensor

Nr 2 is located where normally the choke indicator light temperature switch is located. Not visible but it is a 3 screw mounted sensor same as in the Series 2.25 engines. the idea behind this sensor is that with the choke out when the engine reaches temperature it activates a dash light to tell you your choke is (still) on and you need to push your choke in to kill the light.

Nr 3 seems to be part of the thermostat housing. There are many many thermostat housing options out there. This could be one from a later model which has this temp sensor for a different purpose.

Nr 1 is wired up, where does that wire go?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much JS5D.

I'll work on tracing that wire and looking for a culprit other than a failed sensor for the dash gauge.

The choke indicator light temp switch is indeed held in by 3 screws and what looks to be LOTS of silicone (which leaks coolant). Though that sensor is not connected (I do use the choke), I am going to want to refit/reseal that...even if I don't get it wired up to the choke light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts