RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
just wondering on opinions as may be thinking of selling our 97 p38 4.0 for a newer model. Options would be a late as possible p38 (as I know how to work on them), or change to either the L322 or Sport model or consider a Disco 3 or 4?
I live in Canberra Australia and although it is our primary car it does go off road and 4wding but not anything that would damage the car or require it to be modified to do so? Reliability here is important and would consider going to diesel if it were the better engine.
Thanks, Derek

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
14 Posts
Don't go with a P38, those things aren't reliable, and they are horrid. Well, if you wait a few months, the new Range Rover will be out, and it will be better. If you can't wait, I would go with a L322. Also, have you considered an Evoque?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I know plenty of people who love the P38... to me the biggest problem is the issue with the slipping sleeves in the engine... can have it rebuilt and put in top hat sleeves, but I dunno..

L322 was my choice mainly because it is more modern, but still reasonably cheap for the 03-05 versions therefore my wife approves :)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
163 Posts
I went from a '98 P38 to a 'MY05 TD6 L322 & dont regret it. But it will all depend on your budget & what you want from your car.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts