RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Anyone know which floor mats and liners cover the whole floor (driver's side?)

I am looking at weathertech and Lloyds ultimats. I have had great experiences with both. But on my dad's land cruiser the passengers side floor mat doesn't go all the way up. Strange.

Does anyone actually have these mats in there L405 who can comment on the fit?

Thank you,

Brett

·
Registered
623 Posts
So this on doesnt go up all the way, but there not too bad. They still have a slight odor to them. I ordered them from CarID.com and they are made by Lloyd - NorthRidge. They smelled pretty good when i got them so i aired them out for about 2 weeks before putting them in the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry about the dirt (it's winter in Canada after all). This is how the WeatherTech mats look like. They are higher on the passenger side.
IMG_20170120_135534_hdr.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone! I sincerely appreciate it. I wonder why the weathertech doesn't go just a little higher over the dead pedal? Another 2 inches would be great but this isn't bad at all. The Lloyd trunk mat looks perfect and at a good pricepoint too. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Thanks for the pics all.

I have Weathertech in our Expedition and I had them in my Sierra pickup and really liked them. I got the Land Rover ones for my 2011 sport and they are also good. The fact that they 1. do not cover the whole area in the current model and 2. that you can't even by left hand or right hand only mats from across the pond makes me think that the weathertechs are my choice for my next floor mat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do the weathertechs scratch the "Range Rover" plate? It looks weird covering that area and coming off the carpet like that. Are they all like that? Seems to me the OEM may look better if they don't cover that plate.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have not noticed any scratches. It all depends where you are driving your RR. I like this lid, because with the original mats which I use in the summer, all the yucky salt water runs down onto the carpet when it comes off the mat. This lid id a very good protection against that. If I were in Florida or California or any other place with no salt, I would much prefer the OEM rubber mats.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have not noticed any scratches. It all depends where you are driving your RR. I like this lid, because with the original mats which I use in the summer, all the yucky salt water runs down onto the carpet when it comes off the mat. This lid id a very good protection against that. If I were in Florida or California or any other place with no salt, I would much prefer the OEM rubber mats.
I prefer the OEM carpet mats, dont like rubber mats...but im in florida

·
Registered
351 Posts
I prefer the OEM carpet mats, dont like rubber mats...but im in florida
Nobody (or very few at least) people "like" rubber mats. But for the winter months, its a must have. I hate any and all winter mats but I put them in all of our cars from around November to March/April depending on weather conditions of course.

For the summer I am actually ordering these for my wife's incoming 2017.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm doing quite a bit of hiking on the Bruce Trail and the hiking boots are often muddy of course. That would make short shrift of your beautiful mats. No, I unfortunately need rubber mats.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Nobody (or very few at least) people "like" rubber mats. But for the winter months, its a must have. I hate any and all winter mats but I put them in all of our cars from around November to March/April depending on weather conditions of course.

For the summer I am actually ordering these for my wife's incoming 2017.
Wow those are nice. Except for the fact that the drivers mat doesn't cover the whole area that needs to be covered. Since they are fabric that probably isn't as bad as not having full coverage like the rubber mats.

What is the part# of those?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wow those are nice. Except for the fact that the drivers mat doesn't cover the whole area that needs to be covered. Since they are fabric that probably isn't as bad as not having full coverage like the rubber mats.

What is the part# of those?
These mats are identical to the OEM mats. I asked about making the driver side bigger so it goes under the pedals as some of the pictures above show of other aftermarket options. However, I am told it is too risky as the pedal could potentially get stuck and that would be a problem haha! I guess there is a reason Range Rover decided to do them like this...

Part # for the leather mats I posted? They're not OEM, so no part #. I can send you the contact for the guy who makes them though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Weather tech covers the foot rest, lloyds and OEM does not.
If you live near snow or walk in mud, weathertechs are a must have.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
These mats are identical to the OEM mats. I asked about making the driver side bigger so it goes under the pedals as some of the pictures above show of other aftermarket options. However, I am told it is too risky as the pedal could potentially get stuck and that would be a problem haha! I guess there is a reason Range Rover decided to do them like this...

Part # for the leather mats I posted? They're not OEM, so no part #. I can send you the contact for the guy who makes them though.
Yes please send. I just assumed that they were OEM. Probably cheaper and better quality then. :)

As for not covering the whole area that is more of a gripe with the rubber mats as my factory mats on my 2011 are pretty solid and see no reason to think that the current model year rubber mats would be any different so why change.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
My new floor mats were delivered today and I have to say that I'm impressed with them. However, there's a couple of things that I don't like. The first thing I don't like is the 3D emblem on the front mats...it seems to be just stuck on so I might consider removing it for a cleaner look...the rear mat does not have the 3D emblem and it looks perfect.The second thing is that I think they could trim just a little more off the outer edge where it overlaps the letters on the door sill plate. Other than that, I think these mats are really nice. They are light weight but they're not flimsy. The grip is also good so no sliding around. It would be awesome if these had a Range Rover emblem instead of the 3D emblem. The pics were taken with my phone so I hope they're clear enough for you guys to see the quality of the mats.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts