Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Fuji white with white top RRS arrives in a few weeks. At this point, the car is so absurdly expensive I figure I might as well get it exactly the way I want. So, I've been pricing them and could use your advice. Any experience or opinions would be great...

Tinting front windows (for sure-think it looks better with the back as dark as they are)

Silver tube rails on sides (instead of retractable step)...have a pix with black car looks amazing, not sure on white. Truck is lower than my last RR so didn't feel like I would use the step

Silver and black pedals-LOVE these

Opti-coat...forum gang seems to love this, sounds like a good product

Black roof rails

Black letters, fog lamps...have to get grill as package but not going to install...I think the silver grill is more girly than having it all blacked out. Will sell this.

Mats-love the RR silver corners. Need to get a trunk mat (don't need RR brand)

??painting lower side trim to match car...I'm so torn on this. I like the cleanness of it all matching, but it makes the car seem to sit lower and reminds me of a rappers car or maybe one of those ford boxy looking cars. What do you think?

Red calipers - have no need whatsoever for these but man they look cool!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2015 Fuji white with white top RRS arrives in a few weeks. At this point, the car is so absurdly expensive I figure I might as well get it exactly the way I want. So, I've been pricing them and could use your advice. Any experience or opinions would be great...

Tinting front windows (for sure-think it looks better with the back as dark as they are)

Silver tube rails on sides (instead of retractable step)...have a pix with black car looks amazing, not sure on white. Truck is lower than my last RR so didn't feel like I would use the step

Silver and black pedals-LOVE these

Opti-coat...forum gang seems to love this, sounds like a good product

Black roof rails

Black letters, fog lamps...have to get grill as package but not going to install...I think the silver grill is more girly than having it all blacked out. Will sell this.

Mats-love the RR silver corners. Need to get a trunk mat (don't need RR brand)

??painting lower side trim to match car...I'm so torn on this. I like the cleanness of it all matching, but it makes the car seem to sit lower and reminds me of a rappers car or maybe one of those ford boxy looking cars. What do you think?

Red calipers - have no need whatsoever for these but man they look cool!!
I've had my truck for a week or so - a Fuji white HSE with Dynamic pack. I have the grill and foglamps blacked out as a part of the pack and I think it looks great. I was thinking of getting the lower body panels painted before I got it, but now after looking at it for a while I think I am going to skip the painting - it makes it look more robust versus the painted panels which make it look like an SUV that never goes off road in my eyes at least. I also have the aluminum pedals - they are cool but not a must IMO.

When it comes to the side tubes - if you could step on them go for it, if not go for side steps. I am 191cm (6 4'' I think), and still find it hard to get in and out when the car is not in access height mode. Maybe I am just used to sitting down in a car rather than climbing up - still did not have this issue with my MB GL. It is also important if you want to keep the seat like new- mine already has some wrinkles on the side bolster from my attempts to squeze in in my tight garrage without the side steps.

I like the visibility out of the big windows and would not tint them, and I also do not have the need for the roof rails so no opinions there.

Go for the opticoat - the black trim around the windows already has some small scratches on it.

And the Red calipers are so wonderfully useless that they are a must! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have finalized my 2015 customization options (more or less).

Silver tubes-drove up and stumbled on to a new white 2014 with them and they looked...well, like nothing. They are somewhat tucked under the black side panels so hard to see, lost in the white and do not stick out anywhere near enough to step on. So beautiful on the dark truck but not on the white. Going with the retractable step.

Black letters only (keeps it looking a little more girly than all black)

Sport Pedals, black rails, front window tint

Painting only the rear underbody panel black. Front silver ties into the grill and fog lamps.

Machine face black wheels (love this option...1/4 the cost of new wheels and they looked great).

Thank you for the emails and suggestions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.