RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people sorry if this is a repost but I've had a search on the forums already but been unable to find any clear and definitive (mostly people who don't like k&n cussing people who use k&n lol)

I'm a new owner of a 2003 52 3.0 td6, just under 100k miles and been wanting to do the conversion to an L322 for years. Just have a couple of issues to address before I start, I've got more or less everything to do it.

Has anyone got any before and after pics of the air box change and which air box's are suitable to do the job? The ones I've seen online are working out to be pretty pricey but then again I don't know what's a "good deal" and what's a "rip off" lol

Thanks, all constructive help is really appreciated!!!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
So you have a L322, but want to do a L322 conversion? Wonder why nobody replied?:roll:
Not sure what you are asking. If it's about doing some hack job conversion, save your money, and buy what you want instead of hacking up a perfectly good Rover. It isn't like the MkIII's look outdated etc....

Martin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just needed some advice on someone who may have already done the conversion about whats better, after market airbox or modifying the old one so it fits behind the 2010+ headlights easier.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
Before any hacking goes on, I'd do a little reading on what you have first.
You already have a L322, they started in 2002 over there.
Use the search function, it's unfortunately been done before. Then if what you want to know isnt in the thread, you can PM the poster.

Martin

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
When i did my 2006 conversion on my 2003, I used a big AFE dry cone filter. I didn't put it right on the maf as that would cause turbulence, instead I put a 6" tube on the maf, then a right angle (the straight section is required to allow the airflow to normalize after the bend) to the filter (which was directly behind the headlight).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i did my 2006 conversion on my 2003, I used a big AFE dry cone filter. I didn't put it right on the maf as that would cause turbulence, instead I put a 6" tube on the maf, then a right angle (the straight section is required to allow the airflow to normalize after the bend) to the filter (which was directly behind the headlight).
Thanks so much for that, really helped! Just needed some advice on what sort of filer to go for :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts