RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting "normal height only" fault codes on my 07MY RRS. Codes U0416 (invalid data from vehicle dynamic control unit) and C1A20 (pressure increasing slowly).

It is the original Hitachi and yesterday I replaced the piston seals and the desiccant and filters.

Initially when reinstalled all was OK but after a while the faults were back. I cleaned out the air tank valve block and when reinstalled every thing was Ok for a while but again the codes were back.

So I guess I need to consider a new air compressor but which one?

Genuine AMK kits are very expensive but will obviously do the job.

You can get AMK style kits for less than half the genuine price but I do not know if they are any good.

I don't believe the OEM Hitachi is available any longer but there are a number of knock-offs including Dunlops, Bearmach, Britpart and various no names on ebay.

Clearly the genuine AMK kits are the best but cost a bit but the other options are far cheaper but for me are of unknown quality but if they are OK then that is great.

So of the no name knockoffs - which are the best?

Thanks

Garry

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
157 Posts
Best advice i can give you is to do the upgrade to the AMK. The design is leaps and bounds above the Hitachi. Money well spent.

That said I do replace the Hitachi compressors with generic aftermarket ones if someone is hard pressed for cash, getting rid of the car... I have not had any problems mechanically with them except sometimes they send one with the wrong plug and has to be rewired off the old compressor or the exhaust fitting is different. Just know if you go that route that your replacing junk used with junk new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts