RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it's probably been covered before, but I can't find it using search - I need to order replacement key/remote (I lost the only one I had and now I can't get to my car). Where can I order it to get it the fastest? RoverConnection.com says 3 weeks :-(

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Hop down to your dealer. They should ask for proof of ownership preior to ordering. THey come preprogrammed to your rig and are specific to your alarm system. I have always had mine with 3 or 4 business days inclusive of sync.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rrtoadhall said:
Hop down to your dealer. They should ask for proof of ownership preior to ordering. THey come preprogrammed to your rig and are specific to your alarm system. I have always had mine with 3 or 4 business days inclusive of sync.
Yup, I called closes one (110 miles away) and they said 3 weeks as those are made only in one place somewhere in New Jersey. I hoped there is a place (in HJ?) that has quicker access :-(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tomasz said:
Also they say here:
http://www.originalkeyless.com/product. ... uctId=1367
That I can order blank and have it programmed at the dealership - is there any truth in that statement?
NEVER ORDER FROM ORGINALKEYLESS.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did and insted of the new one that was adverstize i got a used one. plus, there is no customer service with them...

TOTAL RIP-OFF.

when it comes to alarm remotes, OEM is the way to go...that means stealership. not sure where you are, but mine cost $220 at MCL...and it was worth it!

if you want the one i got from orginalkeyless, i can sell it to you for $100! LOL just kidding...the scam stopped with them.

one more thing;
wireless remote for RRs are programed by LR for the specific Range Rover, therefore a used remote from another RR will not work. otherwise, any remote can be program to open any RR. reporgramming a used remote to another RR cannot be done...i wish it could be (would have saved me $220!)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I bought one from Rover Connection for $175. My dealer said $220 plus 1 hr labor to "program" the remote. I think the total from them was around $325. The Rover Connection key worked perfectly and the simple sync procedure was done in 2 minutes after it arrived. Yet another low point for a Land Rover dealer.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I enquired same question of the local dealer last week... Aus$550 (up front if you will...) plus 4-5 weeks wait... and no guarantees if it doesn't work. I smiled as politely as I could and barely resisted the temptation to rub the side of my nose with an extended middle finger :wink: :evil: shall have to see if I can send some paperwork to my son-in-law in the UK...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NorCal RR said:
I bought one from Rover Connection for $175. My dealer said $220 plus 1 hr labor to "program" the remote. I think the total from them was around $325. The Rover Connection key worked perfectly and the simple sync procedure was done in 2 minutes after it arrived. Yet another low point for a Land Rover dealer.
Yup, I asked my dealer if the 'programing' is what I think it is.... there was a pause on the other side of the phone and the guy nicely changed the topic.

Anyway, as we managed to find the lost key and the car is operable again I'm going to order one from rover connection - now 3 weeks lead time doesn't matter, but price does.

·
Registered
96 Posts
NorCal RR said:
just to let you know, MCL Motor Cars (Vancouver Land Rover Dealer) programed my remote i purchased from them for free! it's funny that 2 years later i find out they did me a favor!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts