RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, It's been a long time since on here

I want to take off my ladder as I feel like a poser, as I've never gone offroading and don't plan to soon

anyone know where to pick up a back gate off a crashed RRS ? also was thinking about talking to a car repair place to see if they can fill the holes and just paint them?? what do you guys think I should do at this stage?

thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Have you at least climbed up it?

If the holes aren't too big, I would have the shop weld, grind and repaint.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Don't forget to list your ladder in the sale forum as I bet there are a few folks here that would snatch it up!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Remove ladder put some rubber plugs and call it done.
You're not a pouser, you just got a little wound up off the gate, been there brotha!
Don't get me started on the whole snow tire saga.

Rafa the "alpinist"

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gooseyloosey said:
Have you at least climbed up it?

If the holes aren't too big, I would have the shop weld, grind and repaint.

HAHA, yeah I've climbed up, I also used it for some snowboards up there, but that's been only twice.

I will talk to the shop tomorrow if I can't find a used one as I'm sure the shop might cost just as much as a new one

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about swapping gates? I want a ladder and you dont want yours, it might get crazy on the shipping cost, but if you are in Florida....

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Hey pod, do you still have the Comps 18s with the BFG TA KOs? Are you selling those? :wink: That was a sweet wheel combo and Compomotive is not making that wheel currently... A couple of local friends with Brembo brakes on their Sport may be interested in buying them if you don't want them anymore.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ hey man,

I do have them.. problem being I don't have my other rims anymore, so I'm not sure how one would easily trade them out..... I do plan on selling my car as I just got my other car sold so the RR is next in line as my dog can't jump in the car anymore ( bad hips ) .. so I really have no use for the car anymore , and my lifestyle has changed ( no, I didn't loose everything in the stock market ) just living a simpler life these days...

I am all ears if anyone has a plan as I do know the rims are wanted, and it is funny the situation of them not being put to good use.. shoot me a PM anyone that has a plan as I predict the car won't be around much longer ( just getting the windows fixed ) then it's bye bye..

also let me know if anyone wants the car.. as I know there going for pretty cheap these days..

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
I'll tell you one thing....trying to stand on the passenger door sil and retrieve something off the roof or wash it is akin to being an acrobat...that ladder will move when you e-bay the sucker.

·
Registered
161 Posts
rafa said:
Remove ladder put some rubber plugs and call it done.
You're not a pouser, you just got a little wound up off the gate, been there brotha!
Don't get me started on the whole snow tire saga.

Rafa the "alpinist"
Haha

Snow tires - Check
Ski Rack - Check
Season Pass - Check
Skis - Check
Brand new outfit - Check

Never made it up to the mountain and wasn't here the past two years we had snow `)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts