RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement throttle potentiometer (TPS) for a 1987 Classic 3.5L V8? Mine is the 3 wire, with the black, round plug / socket.

Thank you,
Sking

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
very difficult in the us, you may want to try a vendor in the uk, rimmer bros, lrdirect, island 4x4, jgs4.4, john craddock, bearmac, are some of the few whom may be able to supply. with the older style so scarce some guys have used the later style unit and retrofitted the old style plug.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. it looks like John Craddock has the ETC6443 in stock. I will contact them to see if they ship to US.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive just spent weeks looking for one in the UK. Old stock Lucas ones that are available fetch silly money.
I ended up adapting a Colvern CP 17 pot. Best value was from here:
http://www.emeraldm3d.com/sensors-and-relays/colvern-throttle-position-sensor.html
If you also buy the fitting kit and adapter, and reuse the spindle from your existing pot (that fits into the adapter), their pretty easy to adapt.
You just need a file, grinder and some silicon.
Works brilliantly on my 89 3.5 V8.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all so far. I'm looking at all options. I love my RRC, and just want to enjoy it - even with its unique character traits!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts