RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wood trim on my car looks pretty dated IMO, and one side is cracked due to my seat belt hitting it when I take it off, does anyone know if you can buy these parts?

The door trim piece. It's part of the luxury package I found on a 09 sport

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
As far as I remember, that door trim on MY06-09s has always been either a wood veneer insert (matching the finish of the remaining LUX wood finish chosen upon ordering), or leather covered plastic on non-Lux trims. The leather finish is part of a one-piece door panel on base trims (the strip of leather appears to be glued over the plastic panel), while the wood veneer inserts can be replaced if desired. You could get an upholstery shop to cover your wood inserts with leather to obtain a similar effect, as someone else on the forum has done in the past. See: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-range-rover-sport-l320/40234-swapping-wood-trim.html

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I remember, that door trim on MY06-09s has always been either a wood veneer insert (matching the finish of the remaining LUX wood finish chosen upon ordering), or leather covered plastic on non-Lux trims. The leather finish is part of a one-piece door panel on base trims (the strip of leather appears to be glued over the plastic panel), while the wood veneer inserts can be replaced if desired. You could get an upholstery shop to cover your wood inserts with leather to obtain a similar effect, as someone else on the forum has done in the past. See: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-range-rover-sport-l320/40234-swapping-wood-trim.html
That is correct,I remember my first 06 sport didn't have the lux pack and didn't have wood but that plastic cover. However I've noticed on some HST's and some 09"s with the lux package have this stitched leather, much different than the plastic trim on my none lux 06..

http://www.landroverchantilly.com/detail.cfm?inventoryID=293532&listType=C&displayNum=35&currPage=1&currSection=1&startPage=1&displayPage=7&showAll=0&NewUsed=0&specialFlag=0&Year=&MakeID=21&ModelID=&VehicleTypeID=&Trim=&TransmissionID=&drive_train=&priceRange=&Mileage=&exteriorColor=&interiorColor=&usedHistory=&fuelType=&CityMPG=&HywMPG=&specialOffers=0&special_offer_id=&sortBy=5&orderBy=0&vehicleNumVal=&vehicleNumType=S&sortOrderBy=5,0&sortOrderBy=5,0

Here's the link of the car I was looking at with the lux pack and the leather trim

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
My wood trim on my car looks pretty dated IMO, and one side is cracked due to my seat belt hitting it when I take it off, does anyone know if you can buy these parts?

The door trim piece. It's part of the luxury package I found on a 09 sport

Thanks!
You can check APSIS USA...they have great stuff. I swapped all my cherry stuff out years ago to Zebrano wood...has held up perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts