RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving at highway speed and just noticed I was slowing down, no engine light, no battery light, and gas pedal doing nothing.

I pulled over to slow lane, downshifted manually, and was able to make it home last few miles with manual "bump" assist.

Any ideas where to begin? I'm in Bakersfield, CA and no dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Generally it's along side a Reduced Performance message, but I would start by looking into the auxiliary water pump, and it's connector. There are a few threads on here with the bulletin on what to look for when checking.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
272 Posts
This happened to me after a hard day of offroading and fast highway driving - no lights or indicators either. Turned out to be related to the cooling of the intercooler - do not have the workorder in front of me. I called my trusted service advisor and he knew exactly what it was - relatively common.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: took Rover to AutoZone for OBDii scan and it came up with the P2601. After speaking with local independent mechanic and other research, I ordered a new Auxillary Coolant Pump for the supercharger. With seven years of no issues, I doubt anything caused by reversed wiring as mentioned in other threads, but I will inspect and update after replacement. Rover is running fine for now pending parts, but as a precaution we are keeping it below 3,000 RPM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts