Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 110 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Re: Where no Range ROver should ever have to go

It is your starter!! Mine went out the day I was to leave for Colorado. All power looked good connections good, voltage on the starter good. Engine would barely turn over. Ordered new starter and replaced and nothing not even the clicking of the solenoid, only from the ecu. More checking and ordered anther starter installed and all worked. Hate it when the new part is also bad. So test you started BEFORE installing.
John

· Registered
26 Posts

No the shut down while driving would be something else. My started engaged but only started to turn the engine over, it acted like a bad or weak battery except all other power looked good lights did not even dim when attempting to start. If you have good voltage at the starter and it will not turn over it almost has to be the starter. When I pulled the starter and bench tested it, it turned over slowly and smoked. When I bench test the first new one after pulling it out it did nothing.
John

· Registered
26 Posts

That hurts. That is not an option I wanted to think a bought or bring up. It did have me worried when the first new starter did not work. I also did not climb under and attempt to turn it over I let my son do it. :D I was going to post a picture installing the starter to show you do not need ramps with a rover but the extraneous has been cleaned.
good luck
John

1 - 3 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.