RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best spot to mount a hydrolic jack to LIFT A WHEEL ~????

Forgive me if this topic has been covered, however I couldnt find a straight answer to my question.

As you would all know ~ using a standard jack mounting spots on our RR it is IMPOSSIBLE to life a wheel of the ground completely. Especially when using hydrolic jack which is more sturdy than oem tool provided in the

trunk . But with this hydrolic jack it just does not have the enough length to lift a wheel of a ground completely when used on a jack mounting points.

Other forum member suggested use a pice of wood and jack it under a lower arm area. Where is the best spot to lift a wheel with hydrolic jack ????

As I recently did a pad replacement , I'm having some seriously loud break squeal , so I need to take it apart again. It is so loud that as I drive into my neighbor hood dogs barks and stuff.

Thank you in advance !!!

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,007 Posts
Re: Where is the best spot to mount a hydrolic jack to LIFT A WHEEL ~????

with the truck in normal height put a piece of wood or a hockey puck on the jack pad,
then find the rear lower control arm,
this is the part where the lower area of the rear air bag sits,
find a spot thats parallel to the ground and put the jack under the control arm,
then lift it,
the jack will only have to lift about 4 inches to lift the tire off the ground ,
ALWAYS put a jackstand under the jack pad after you have lifted the wheel.

NOTE be careful about putting the jack on the indentation of the control arm as this is where the airbag mounts,
and there is a part of the bag mount that sticks out so you dont want the jack to be on this part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts