RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please look into following pics and point out where i can find shrader valve to check whether its fuel pump dying or CKPS dying.

I will be getting CKPS change tomo so before that need to make sure the actual culprit. As i already blew money on new battery whereas it wasn't needed so need to double check before i go for CKPS change tomo for ending the difficult start up problem when its cold after 8 hrs of rest or more.

If i leave on on half key for 1 min car starts instantly and never throw same start up problem during whole day. Very weird.

Here is the link to picasa that i click few phone cam pics for locating shrader valve on my rangie. Thanks guys
http://picasaweb.google.com/gkhanna24/ShraderValve#

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bjohnston115 said:
You have a seriously kinked hose the the alternator side of the engine towards the back.
Thank god atleast someone in this whole wide world read and see pictures and get to real life solution. I do appreciate u spending time (THANKS BJOHNSTON), that kinked hose is the place where shrader valve is???????? :shock:

Why someone remove that? It makes me more concerned abt my new buy...... Can someone please shed some light. Thanks.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that's the heater-core line, your heater is bypassed, I imagine in the desert heat isn't needed. probably leaking from the orings to the heater core, so instead of fixing it, the previous owner bypassed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi just kooked at pics
does your heater work cuz it looks like that kinked pipe is were some one has bypassed the feed and return to the matrix (the two tubes sticking out of bulkhead)that serious kink would i think restrict the flow of engine coolant and you risk overheating problems if it was mine i would sort it out before it goes bang

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
nobbie said:
hi just kooked at pics
does your heater work cuz it looks like that kinked pipe is were some one has bypassed the feed and return to the matrix (the two tubes sticking out of bulkhead)that serious kink would i think restrict the flow of engine coolant and you risk overheating problems if it was mine i would sort it out before it goes bang
that line won't affect flow to the radiator at all. may delay heating up the thermostat to open and provide flow to the rad, but I don't think it's an issue, when the thermostat is closed, ALL the flow is through that line. I doubt it'll be an issue. Yes the bend doesn't look good, but it's not an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow u guys are **** right, my heater doesnt work and plus in dubai heat i will never ever need it as lowest here is 15 degree that too for one week. lol.

Is there any major issue if i leave heater fixing wht previous owner bypassed it, as my car temp is always steady in 90 degree center and never blinked a bit in peak summer going here (45 degree)

Back to question: where is my poor shrader valve /:(

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
928 Posts
[quote="

Is there any major issue if i leave heater fixing wht previous owner bypassed it, as my car temp is always steady in 90 degree center and never blinked a bit in peak summer going here (45 degree)

([/quote]

Hi,
U can COMPLETELY ignore the heater byapssing. I 've had mine too bypassed by the previous owner. You only loose the heated air incase u need it. otherwise no prob, at all.

cheers

kapila

1 - 9 of 9 Posts