RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in my Callaway to HSE thread, but I think more people will see it if I start a new thread. I got my engine in, and broken in. There are still a few small issues to work out, and this plug is one of them. It is on the part of the harness where the MAF, Purge Valve, and Air box plugs go. I had it labeled when I took the engine out, but it got smeared with grease and I couldnt read it. I cant figure out where it goes. After breaking in the engine, the only message I am getting is Traction Overheat, and the brake, TC and ABS lights come on when I hit the brakes. This could be unrelated, but I dont know if it goes into the brake system somehwere.

Here is a cell pic of the plug. It has to go somehwere near that region, it isnt very long. The vehicle is a 1998 4.6 HSE. I hate to start another thread, but I need some help. Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,424 Posts
It doesn't look familiar.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It doesn't look brake related. Does it go to the fuel temperature sensor? Between the plenum and RH valve cover, about three inches back from the fill cap.

Another thought: does it connect to the left front wheel sensor? There's a connector in the left front engine compartment according to rave. That would give you the ABS/ TC codes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I think I just have a bad accumulator. I still cannot figure out where that plug goes. It cant go far, the wire is short.

As for the sensors, they are all plugged in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That looks very similar to HID plug. If you have HID conversion to your headlights, it may be going to the driver side headlight. Good luck.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
PaulP38A said:
I think it might be the Throttle Position Sensor multiplug...
The TPS has 3 conductors if i remember correctly, from the OP's pix, looking for 2 conductors... but I could be wrong :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
upboardin said:
Looks like the connector for the EVAP canister vent solenoid. The connector is pretty hidden on the bottom of the ECVS.
Thanks a lot for posting this diagram. Thats where it goes, in the smaller box #2.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
nickm347 said:
upboardin said:
Looks like the connector for the EVAP canister vent solenoid. The connector is pretty hidden on the bottom of the ECVS.
Thanks a lot for posting this diagram. Thats where it goes, in the smaller box #2.
Glad ya found it, I ran into the same problem :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts