RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68130606-F425-436B-AEDF-28D99E64419E.jpg All
I’ve been chasing down some electrical gremlins i.e. coolant temp gauge, fuse 20 issue and I came across this plug. Does anyone know what it is and where it gets plugged in. It’s the plug to the right of the picture with three orange wires coming out.Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Cruise control vacuum pump. If it is that, you'll have Orange/Blue, Orange/Red and Orange/Pink and it is in the right area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gems, 1998 RR HSE. I found the plug in point. Small black oval canister directly behind the EAS box almost against the fire wall. Plugged in underneath. Not sure how long this has been unplugged as it was well hidden.

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
That's it, the vacuum pump mounted just beneath the cruise control bellows. I bet your cruise control hasn't been working very well with that unplugged. I suspect it stopped working due to perished vacuum hoses and someone unplugged that while trying to fault it. Replace the vacuum hoses and it should now work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Richard. Don’t use cruise control but I did have the amber check engine and battery illuminated. Now both gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts