RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reluctantly forced to take out the windscreen of my 95 lse to repair some rust. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with this. I've been told the finishers are worth $300! which is more than the windscreen (non-heated), so if possible i'd like to save them. If not, where can I get them?
Also, have anyone taken the windscreen tunnel off the A pillar? It seems there are 3 running mig welds, but is there any spot welds in behind it? There are also a few pop rivets there as well. I will post photos tommorow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My brother who is a windscreen fitter did exactly what you are going to do with my '95 LSE a while back. my a pillar trims were shot so we used Disco items. they have a slightly different finisher on the top section (where the roof differs on a disco) but are essentially the same. It would be worth having a quiet word with a windscreen fitter. They can often remove/refit screens for a small fee. They might be able to help with trim too.
When you ask about the spot welds on the A pillar what are you referring to?
While your screen is out, weld up the section at the bottom of each A pillar, LR used window putty to fill the hole at the factory and mine had long since dried out leaving a clear hole into the cabin!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts