RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Where can i mount that big thing.

Battery place is already full with a big ass battery.

Fusebox side is already full with many LPG items.

Driver side is very full too (i have the charcoal canister next to the LH light), then the big ass compressor, the valve block and the custom filter to the snorkel.

Should i mount that thing very high or can it be installed on my steering guard?

Cheers

Flo

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Can you install it where the LR one goes?
If so, I think I have the brackets from my OEM winch tray setup.
Have a look around and see if you can find any pictures of the OEM Warn mount for the solenoids and see if that will work for you.
I use a T Max Boomer Box on the wheeling rig, and never had a problem with it.
Here you can see the gray box on top of the bumper. A wireless plug goes into it, and then I can use the wireless remote or a cable remote. Dont pay too much attention to the attachment on the winch hook, our 8 year old likes "decorating" rigs :lol:
[attachment=0:2wmvv53u]rti-closeup-web.jpg[/attachment:2wmvv53u]
Would one of those work for your setup Flo?
Martin

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Martin. Already have that bracket but that place (next to the fusebox) is used for my 2 LPG vaporizers (brc genius) and the LPG Ecu ( yes one more on a P38;)). I think i 'll tweak the battery holder in order to support it in front of the battery. Then where will i store my 1 liter oil emergency bottle?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,449 Posts
Hi Flo,

I squeezed mine in front of the battery. There was just room. I have a Chinese Maxtra winch.
As you can see it is hanging from a couple of brackets, one of which is the battery strap.
My battery is a bit shorter than standard.
It needs to be kept out of mud and water unless the box is fully sealed.

Dave
:think:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
232 Posts
recommend a relay box with an ON / OFF switch, the relays in mine are Ford.
Cut a access whole in the battery cover to access the ON / OFF switch and connect the controller.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Obviously you'd want to keep the cable length within reason, so need to mount the relais somewhere near the front. But preferably high enough not to get submerged. I remember there is quite a bit of room on the sides of the radiatormount, especially on the LH. Maybe you could squeeze it in there, and relocate the EAS dryer to gain some space. I wanted to put the hydraulic valveblock there and got it to fit, but getting the hoses connected turned out to be a problem, so I moved it back to the dampermount (only possible because I don't have the airintake going to the front).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts