Range Rovers Forum banner

where can i cut a sample of my leather? need to send in to color match dye

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Count Laszlo 
#1 ·
where can i cut a sample of my leather? need to send in to color match dye

decided to get leatherique, but need some dye (according to them) and probably some filler. Anyone use their dye/filler or have any other suggestions?

They requested at least a 1''x1'' sample of my almond leather so they can color match the dye. However I have no idea what to send in. Is there an area I can trim my leather so noone would know? I really don't want to trim my leather, nor do I want to send in a head rest lol. Or is there something cheap I can send in? That I can replace easily (easy to find) and cheaply (in case it gets lost in postage).

Vehicle Car
Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Car seat
Car seat Car Vehicle Auto part Beige
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Automotive exterior Auto part Beige Ceiling Car

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: where can i cut a sample of my leather? need to send in to color match dye

What's leatherique?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·

Oh ok thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·

The problem with sending a sample is where you cut the sample from. If you have a lot of years of staining and fading the color in your driver seat is going to be way different from the color under the rear seat that's never seen sunlight or any type of wear.

Your best option is going to be having them mix you the oem color and try a small area and see how it matches. Then if needed you may end dying entire seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.