Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing the Urban Rovers XRaudiokit and noticed that it was not built properly. The XRaudio piece (not pictured) that plugs into the RR harness (black piece pictured) didn't line up properly. I bought the piece from another RR guy that didn't end up using it since he sold his RR so I didn't think Urban Rovers who sold the kit would swap it for me.

Anyway, easy enough fix since the black harness has something like 10 opening and only 3 of them are used so I decided to removed the 3 OEM wires from the harness and relocate so they would line up properly with the XRaudio piece. **the xraduio side with 3 pins should have been a mirror of the OEM harness with the three female openings with wires but they were exactly opposite...not sure if that makes sense**

Since the OEM wires just attach into the harness with locking clips I removed them and relocated to the corresponding xraudio pins. However, the third one snapped off in the harness (you can see it in the pictures. It is the furthest left in the pic).

So....I need to replace the little black harness and also need one of the metal locking clips so I can rebuild that. I assume the black harness piece would be from the dealer. Would the other as well? I tried radio shack, computer repair stores, etc, and had ZERO luck.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
BMW Part-No 61 13 0 005 197 - comes w/short wires attached, so buy shrink tubing and get your soldering iron out.

Actually, tho, my local electronics supply store has plugs that are close enough to where the females work (males don't) which I can crimp on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stevemfr said:
BMW Part-No 61 13 0 005 197 - comes w/short wires attached, so buy shrink tubing and get your soldering iron out.

Actually, tho, my local electronics supply store has plugs that are close enough to where the females work (males don't) which I can crimp on.
MERCI!!!!

I am loving this forum already. My first week here and already a warm welcome and some help as well. You guys are the best!!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It looks like a 6 or 12-pin Molex connector. Pretty commonly used design - have you tried radio Shack? It's a crimp type pin, but you could solder it & just crimp the strain relief so it'll fit into the connnector.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
03rangiemark said:
It looks like a 6 or 12-pin Molex connector. Pretty commonly used design - have you tried radio Shack? It's a crimp type pin, but you could solder it & just crimp the strain relief so it'll fit into the connnector.
See post #1 :thumb:

G

·
Hi there Dell,
i just saw this post. I am sorry for the issue at hand. Our quality has been very good, but no matter how hard you try to keep it 100% there is one that always gets out an sets that 100% back.

We would have gladly replaced the kit for you, but we did not know you were having a problem with it :(

Anyways I can send you the parts you are looking for, just let me know.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW! Thanks for posting. I debated contacting you but didn't expect you to take care of me since I didn't buy directly from y'all. That really means a great deal to me. I will contact you offline.

I was able to get the wire with the male locking piece to fix the OEM harness I snapped one off. It's the little black piece that I can't locate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Figure I'd post a couple pics to illustrate what I was talking about.

1st pic is of the XRaudiokit and the 2nd is the OEM harness.

If I label the 6 pin opening on the OEM harness 1-6 from L to R, the XRaudio red/blue is in slot 2 (red) and 3 (blue) and they needed to be in slot 4 (blue) and 5 (red).

Thanks again to Urban Rovers (darrinturner) offering to help. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts