RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I've finally found "the" good RR forum, with traffic and expertise... I've been reading and searching on our various afflictions, but I 'd like a generic honest opinion from you guys on "everything put together"...

We have a 2011 RRS, not supercharged... How many of you kept it past 100K with no worries at all ? In the past few months it has started to go downhill. Passenger seat keeps blowing its fuse and dying. Got a low coolant warning recently, with no trace of leaks anywhere which made me worry about head gasket issues (but no smoke), which let down the rabbit hole of learning about timing chain guides (taking to an independent tomorrow to review all this)... Then last week it started screeching when turning hard right, metal on metal (bearing or something)... Currently parked until we can get it fixed.

Now, I understand maintenance, and we do like the car very much. But, couple the above mechanical issues of the past few months with very curbed wheels, some body dings, fading plastic ABC pillar trim, 100K miles, and my question is how bad do these get after 100K ?

I'm right in between doing a bunch of work on it and giving it a new lease on life, and cutting our losses (fixing the wheel noise only and trading it in) before it gets worse, and while it's worth something. Do they have a reputation for becoming $-sinks after 100K or so ? If keeping, should we look at chain guides, head gasket, get the crap done and move on ? is all this stuff overblown ? What do most of you do around that mileage ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
What to say?

My wife and I have a Java Blk 2006 RRSpt Super-Charged with 94K miles on it. The kids love it more than we do.
We have changed the entire 1. Radiator and hoses, 2. the front right wheel bearing, 3. the Water Pump, 4. Swapped out the rear right height sensor, 5. Replaced all three valve blocks, 6. Replaced the Air-Compressor and 7. The front right air spring, 8. The hood latch and two batteries... we even fixed the 'drooping' roof liner.

I will say it has set us back a few thousand dollars, but we were both working and it's a Range Rover. There were times when she told me to sell the Rig. Sometimes you just have to weigh the pros and cons. Right now we have to change the air-Compressor Exhaust Valve, about $50 parts/ labor. I can honestly say that if we have to flush out any huge sums of cash again, it might be sold.

It's really your decision and whats best for your family, finance wise.
~ ctt

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
From your observation that it screeches and coolant loss points to water pump. Try to check it as it is a common tsb failure of this model. Other than that nothing else. I can count one or two with high mileage L320.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts