RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my P38 sitting for a week or two, while I dried out the carpet etc after this little adventure - see photo.

When I came back to it, all was well except that when I start it up, the EAS rises to the highway mode height (position two) - not the regular low speed height.

After driving off for a few minutes, it rises back up to the regular height (position three) soon enough.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You say it rises to Highway, does that mean it drops while parked? Normally it will start off at the same height as it was left at. So if it was at Highway height when you parked it, it will start off in Highway or if it was at Normal, it should start in Normal. However, as it is the LH side of the car that has got a little damp (how did that happen anyway?) and the EAS ECU and timer relay live under the LH front seat and the wiring for the EAS runs through the multiway connector behind the kick panel on that side, I'd suggest having a good look around that area.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Problems with the timer relay can lead to a different height being set upon start up than the one used last. You get the same issue if you replace the timer relay with a normal relay, I think it has something to do with the EAS writing the last setting before shutting down.
Filip

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fixed it, or it fixed itself...

Not a water issue. The carpets and channel got wet but I lifted them all up, pulled out the underlay and dried it out while I drove an L322 and an L420 Sport Autobiography around. Both diesels. My current employer is also afflicted with a love for old Rangies.

Still like the P38 best, but am leaning to a 2012 L322 with the 5.0 litre supercharged petrol, Autobiography.

That car was $AUD250,000.00 new. Now about $AUD45,000.00.

Anyone driven one?

Depreciation! The friend of the second hand buyer.

The water missed the EAS and transmission ECUs under the seat.

It would rise up to height 3 all right, after driving for a minute or so, then stay there. When I got in and started it again, it would drop back to height 2, then rise back to height 3 and stay there until next time.

Escape was right. After it got wet I swapped the relays around; the car must have been in height 2 then. So it seems that when you swap the relays the ECU remembers that height at the time you change it.

Swapped them back in height 3 and it's working perfectly! I have a standard relay instead of the EAS timer relay to stop the car levelling out and making the compressor work ovetime after I get out.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Atticus
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing