RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 37,500 mile service. Forgot to ask the dude when my next service is and can't find it in the manual. Also, I know that there is a service indicator in the car itself, but I never noticed that it alerted me last time... THANKS!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
221 Posts
The reminder system in that truck will not call for maintenance for up to 15,000 miles on the BMW powered Range Rovers; 7,500 on the Jag powered rigs. In my opinion 15k is way too long. I'd follow a 7,500 mile interval for both if you use good full synthetic oil. If you have a Jag powered Rover (a Sport, an LR3, a 06 Range Rover) I'd recommend 4k on dino oil or 7,500 on full synthetic. I actually have our own suggested maintenance schedules on the Robison Service website under service > land rover > advice. You'll see I am a bit more cautious than LR because my focus is on preserving the vehicles indefinitely as opposed to minimizing service costs for the first 50k miles and then selling new cars.

I have an article on oil changes on newer high end cars that you may find relevant. It's here:
http://robisonservice.blogspot.com/2010 ... ge-go.html

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
On your MY06 with Jag engine, the scheduled interval - I assume you are still benefiting from the LR's free scheduled maintenance contract for the first 6 services, so it's in your interest to show up on time at the dealership for the freebie - is every 6 months or 7500 miles, whichever occurs first. The Service Interval Indicator on my 2006 RRS is a little cryptic and easy to miss (it only pops up for a few seconds after you start the car), plus a dealer can disable it. Not sure if that's the case on the RR as well, but I never trusted that countdown timer much.

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
Interestingly, when I purchased my '07 with 39k miles, all the included oil services had already been done. Although kinda miffed at first (320 mile each way to get to the nearest dealer) I decided I was glad the previous owner actually serviced it. So often people don't do the service, then later wonder why it broke down.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Just remember that the ´service reminder`has nothing to do with the actual
condition of the car. It simply comes on after a certain amount of miles/ time,
regardless of how the car is used.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all that answers it for me. i'm still on warranty so i guess i'll show up at 45k. CHEERS!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
... Or in 6 months if that comes sooner than the 45K miles (don't know how many miles/month you drive.) If you show up with 45K miles on the odometer but 8 months have gone by since your last service, I assure you the dealer will deny your "free" scheduled service and ask you to pay for it instead, and the 45K-mile stop is more than just a quick lube job, e.g. it's an expensive tune-up. :wink:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
umbertob said:
... Or in 6 months if that comes sooner than the 45K miles (don't know how many miles/month you drive.) If you show up with 45K miles on the odometer but 8 months have gone by since your last service, I assure you the dealer will deny your "free" scheduled service and ask you to pay for it instead, and the 45K-mile stop is more than just a quick lube job, e.g. it's an expensive tune-up. :wink:
THANKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts