RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 32K kms, noticing some squealing here and there from the front driver side. It's not consistent but enough for me to make a post about it. Is there a low brake pad warning light or message that comes on these overly complicated rigs, or is it just the old school way of checking the pad depth?

·
Registered
256 Posts
My brake lights came on at about 20k miles - I got an estimate from the dealership then got them done for $1,000 cheaper from Firestone.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Brake jobs at the dealer are WAAAAAAYYY too expensive. I was quoted about $2200 for front/rear, pads/rotors. I spent $500 on parts and did it myself (this included slotted/drilled rotors all around & extreme duty ceramic brakes). Funny because the dealer called me and asked when I wanted to schedule it.

2014 RRS S/C V8

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
143 Posts
pads and rotors at 50k miles. Dealer wanted $2200. Aftermarket shop, $1500, got the dealer to agree to the lower price.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Brake jobs at the dealer are WAAAAAAYYY too expensive. I was quoted about $2200 for front/rear, pads/rotors. I spent $500 on parts and did it myself (this included slotted/drilled rotors all around & extreme duty ceramic brakes). Funny because the dealer called me and asked when I wanted to schedule it.

2014 RRS S/C V8
@serverman73, Can you remember what brand rotors and brakes you bought and from where??? I'm sure yours looks great and stop shorter than the stock pads and rotors do.. Do you have any pics??? Thanks!

I'm wanting to do mine in about 10K miles... and while I'm at it I'm going to clean the calipers and paint them a gloss, hi-temp rated, Ferrari Red. They'll look almost as good as the Brembo's do against these large diameter rotors and flat black rims I have.

Nice job and good for you on doing your own brakes... Brakes are so easy to do yourself as long as you have garage or driveway space, some basic tools, a pair of 3 ton rated jack stands, a nice floor jack, and simply watch a YouTube video or three beforehand for the vehicle you want to do the brake job on so there is no surprises for any special tools needed.

And you can almost always get nicer and higher performing,& longer lasting parts than the dealer has or is willing to install. It's a 2.5 hour job and that is going at a nice and easy pace from my experience.

Looking forward to seeing your ride and rotors/wheels Serverman73! Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts