RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Nobody knows for sure. 2013 or 2014 would be good guesses since the current platform appears to be about half way done, thus the refresh this year... The big Range is likely due for an overhaul before LR4 and RRS. Shoot an email over to Mr Tata, you never know. Do you speak Hindi?

·
Registered
68 Posts
hello. newbie here.

so does this mean that the 2010 model is not a complete redesign from the 2009 model? am i right in assuming then that aside from the new front bumpers/grill, side grills, rims, new engine and new interior, that this new 2010 model is still using the old 2009 chasis and still shares most of the same parts aside from the new stuff mentioned?

thanks.

fyi, i don't own an RSS yet but i'm shopping around for one. debating about getting a 2007 and up, or waiting for the big discount on the 2009 models. personally, i like the looks on the older models than the new 2010 model.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
I might get in trouble but I thought I would share this with you guys.

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Gooseyloosey,
On behalf of Tata Motor Ltd., I wish to thank you for your enquiry regarding the timetable of next major redesign of the Range Rover Sport. Since we are still in the design and engineering phase, it would be premature to announce the specific timing of the redesign, but I can assure you there will be new, tantalizing and groundbreaking features you can look forward to in a vehicle of this class:

- Tandoori warming oven to complement the existing cooler
- Kama sutra inspired trailer hitch
- Front and rear Pakistani detectors
- Automatic spice grinder to recreate the magical flavors and scents of the Madras and Gujarat cuisine while offroading

Look for the new design to celebrate a stunning combination of Land Rover tradition with Indian culture and engineering excellence.

Rest assured, we at Tata are looking forward to the day we can announce the new incarnation of the award winning Range Rover Sport platform. Until then, I wish to make you aware of other offroading vehicle options currently available from Tata:

http://uv.tatamotors.com/sumovicta/default.aspx

Sincerely,

Mr. Ratan N. Tata
Bombay House, 24, Homi
Mody Street, Mumbai – 400 001, The Republic of India

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
:lol: Thank you guys, I needed a laugh.

Carter, you are correct in your assumption. Chassis is the same on MY09 and 10 RRS (and LR3 and LR4), although a lot of goodies have been upgraded this year - see the Good News on the 2010 thread for all the nuts and bolts. I wouldn't wait much longer to pull the trigger on a 2009 if I were you though, unless you are not too choosy. Deals are probably as good as they are going to get right now, and since dealers haven't ordered 2009s in a while to unload their backed up inventory, whatever stock is left is probably starting to shrink right now.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
- Automatic spice grinder to recreate the magical flavors and scents of the Madras and Gujarat cuisine while offroading
Aside from the trailer hitch, these would be fantastic additions to our offroading adventures.

Pass the Nan, Roti and Sag Paneer please...

·
Registered
47 Posts
goosey

you are hillarious?

where the hell is

Le Province du Jardin, États-Unis d'Amérique

PS If I ever have time (or may i suggest to anyone who wants to have a laugh or two) go back and read some of goosey's comments on other threads.

·
Registered
219 Posts
PJPR01 said:
gooseyloosey said:
Aside from the trailer hitch, these would be fantastic additions to our offroading adventures.

"Please to enjoy"

:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
umbertob said:
:lol: Thank you guys, I needed a laugh.

Carter, you are correct in your assumption. Chassis is the same on MY09 and 10 RRS (and LR3 and LR4), although a lot of goodies have been upgraded this year - see the Good News on the 2010 thread for all the nuts and bolts. I wouldn't wait much longer to pull the trigger on a 2009 if I were you though, unless you are not too choosy. Deals are probably as good as they are going to get right now, and since dealers haven't ordered 2009s in a while to unload their backed up inventory, whatever stock is left is probably starting to shrink right now.
Thanks, umbertob.

Newbie question, is Tata Motors the new owner of Land Rover? If so, when did they acquire it from Ford. Thanks agian.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Mark_CT said:
PJPR01 said:
gooseyloosey said:

"Please to enjoy"

:D
He he...now, where's the icon for the head that bobs side to side...just had a delicious Indian lunch yesterday, trying to curry some favours with the boss (no pun intended!)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was actually totally fleetingly by a dealer that they are reamping the lineup by 2011, i thought it was kind of random for them to do all these upgrades now and then change the car completely in 2011 but he was sure of it?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
Is that the same dealer who was absolutely sure there would be no changes worth mentioning on MY2010s?
Looks like I have to fire off another letter to HQ and try to settle this.

I'll let ya'll(I'm feeling Texan-y today, probably the 95 degrees and 100% humidity outside) know as soon as I hear back.

·
Registered
322 Posts
nah hadnt spoken to this dealer in the past but he seemd to be pretty on point as to whats going on with the vehicles. From Alexandria, VA... i definitely reccomend this dealership regardless great Customer service very friendly and great car service overall. They went to a local shop for me to get VA inspection and then didnt charge me. The first time i test drove a vehicle for them I wanted to take it to DC to see if it would fit in my garage spot they gave me the keys and told me to come with it in one piece whenever. Very friendly folk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts