RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I did not know... it appears that the dynamic (highway symbol) response setting may give priority to the rear wheels or even turn off the front wheel drive.

Last night we went to our camp over a rough track with the dynamic setting plus off road height. On leaving, the 2010 SC was spinning the rear wheels as we started up on a gravel surfaced hill. After 21 years and 7 RR's this was the first time that I ever encountered wheel spin (excluding times when belly hung in deep snow).

Switching response to the normal setting restored expected traction.

Regards,

Michael

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Good info, thanks. The Owner's manual is vague about what the Dynamic program does, saying only that it's associated with a "driving style, rather than terrain" and you should set it to "exploit the vehicle's full on-road potential and provide a more focused and involved driving experience", whatever that means. It makes sense then that the electronics would stiffen the suspensions and start behaving more like a rear wheel drive sports car than a 4x4 SUV when this program is engaged (also note how, unlike every other TR settings, the Dynamic program cancels automatically as soon as you select low range, a telling sign it must be no good when the going gets rough and you really need traction... :wink: ) Even in high range, it sounds like you would not want to get caught using Dynamic program over snow, ice or rain judging by your experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was reading up in the dynamic response and it said that it lowers the rrs 0.75" when you put the vehicle in this setting.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
umbertob said:
Good info, thanks. The Owner's manual is vague about what the Dynamic program does
I dislike the ambiguities of the off road settings. I would love for there to be a 2WD option, a soft setting (for washboard roads), a user selectable extended mode, etc... sadly, these trucks are engineered for soccer moms and showroom salesmen, not people that actually know what they're doing off road.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Drevs said:
umbertob said:
Good info, thanks. The Owner's manual is vague about what the Dynamic program does
I dislike the ambiguities of the off road settings. I would love for there to be a 2WD option, a soft setting (for washboard roads), a user selectable extended mode, etc... sadly, these trucks are engineered for soccer moms and showroom salesmen, not people that actually know what they're doing off road.
Yeah agreed... like the "cactus mode." We don't have cacti in the northeast.

Though I have encountered porcupines on occasion. They're kinda like moving cactuses.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Yeah agreed... like the "cactus mode."
Yeah, wtf is that mode all about? I tried to run over a saguaro while in cactus mode and somehow it still caused a lot of damage...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts