RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... I'm looking to put together a wheel/tire package for an '04 that would not require any modifications to the vehicle or wheel well. i also would need a package that will not interfere should my wife lower the car in order to load it, etc. my goal is to go as wide as possible. i haven't yet decided which rims to use.. whether they be 19, 20, or 22, but that' isn't a huge deal becasuse the tire profile will make up the difference in total diameter based on what rim i am using. from what i saw on a search, if went with 22's i could do 195/35/22 in the front and 315/35/22 in the rear. is this correct? or is it 315/30/22 rear? what width rim would i need for this? how would this translate to a 20" or 19" rim? any and alll help and pics are appreciated. much thanks!
- Evan

·
Registered
22 Posts
More info would help. I would assume you are looking a summer tire. I run Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20's and all is good as long as my truck is working. In the 20 you can run a 295/45/20.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
given that info and using a tire calculator it also seems that you could do 295/50/20 and 295/40/22... opinions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and - i see that on the tire forum of rangerover.net, they say 305/45/20 will fit!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Evan.

From your description in who will likely use the vehicle and your climate in California, this will dictate the choice of profiles.

I've always had the opinion from personal plus fitments on my past vehicles, that anyone can easily install an inch larger wheel and tyre combination without other modifications-but the moment you go to plus two/three/four sizes larger than the original factory specification, then improvements to the dampers/anti-roll bars/bushes need to be fitted due to weight.

Have a look at www.speedywheels.com.au and their equivalent on the US web-site of the 'Addiction' wheel in 20x8.5" or 22x9.5" which is an Xtra Load rated product that is suitable with Yokohama Avid SUV tyres in 265/50R20 111H as sweet ez.

As long as one follows the sensible route getting the correct load rated tyre(111 or higher) and speed rating [H=210km/h], then your decision is already made subject to the colour of your beast and either on-road or off-road for wheel chroming.

Touch base with Rick and the team, your local aftermarket supplier at www.Doetsch-shocks.com for replacement dampers too ! Otherwise search on Ebay and the like for factory rims which could bolt up to your truck with respect to the lug nuts ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts