RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wandering around trying to find the best service to repair my wheels from curb rash. I was quoted 2 different prices from 2 different guys. The first was $700 for all 4 with lifetime warranty and the second was $500 for all 4 but i was told not to bring my car to car wash ever again as the acid would damage the cosmetic repair. What do you think would be a reasonable price to get your wheels repaired? also, any recommendation to repair my wheels in the bay area? i live in santa clara area. inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I've paid $100-125 per wheel using the mobile wheel repair guys--did a great job and never had any issues using a car wash.

I noticed them going to the Jag dealer in area a few times and wrote the number down. If you go through the dealers or a service they charge a $50-75 vig. If you can speak to the guy in the truck you'll get the best price.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Make sure they guarantee their work. And that they do their best to match the OEM paint of the wheels and use a top coat. I've seen mobile guys do amazing and have heard some do a poor job. There are a lot of youtube videos on the process and you can learn a lot about the workmanship required to do the job right, so when you hire someone, you know the questions to ask. I think some of the guys out there aren't very experienced and if the customer isn't educated they'll think the work is acceptable until six-months later when the paint dulls and you can't work the brake dust out of it. Redo. Be careful out there, ask the right questions, and make sure you get a guarantee.

·
Registered
64 Posts
since u r in santa clara, try wheel technique. they do great job on wheel refinish or custom powder coating.
They powder coating my previous car came out excellent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts