Range Rovers Forum banner

Wheels on car does not match the sticker

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  trez63 
#1 ·
I am in the process of buying 2014 RR Sport. I went back to the dealership to take one last look and I noticed the Sticker has a $5,000 option which includes Oxford Leather with heated seats, sliding panoramic roof, and 20" 5 Split Spoke Alloy Wheels etc. Actual tire size on the vehicle itself is 235/65/R19's. When I looked at the Land Rover website the wheels on the vehicle are 19" Style 1 and not the style type 12. Am I interpreting the sticker incorrectly? Thanks

#3 ·
I noticed on the website you could select 19 or 20 inch wheels. The 20 inch were no additional charge which seemed strange. The car is on the dealers lot and the sticker lists 19 wheels. As you said the brochure states 20 inch wheels are standard on the HSE. I am not sure I would be happy with the 19 inch especially since it looks like I paid for 20 in the optional equipment section.

#5 ·
Trez in common older sizes would be correct however there are more 20" off road treads available including BFG KO ATs which are quite good and should actually fit with little modification. The only thing I've found I want to run on 19s are the Cooper LTZs.

#6 ·
Sourcing any type of 19" All-Terrain in North America is still a major challenge. As far as I know, the only decent choice is the Cooper Zeon LTZ sized 255/55R19. There is also a new Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure with Kevlar, sized 255/60R19. Sounds great on paper, the more sidewall the better when wheeling - but Goodyear makes a lot of crappy Wrangler tires among a few good ones, so who knows where these fall into... They are brand new, so little feedback so far. The Coopers are good on anything but mud and snow, although they get noisy over time. Every other A/T or M/T tire that used to come in 19" sizes before has either been discontinued (Pirelli Scorpion ATR) or is no longer available in North America (Goodyear Wrangler MT/R.)

#7 ·
When I got my first RRS, I just walked on a lot and picked it up all in about an hour. I really liked the truck and took it off road almost immediately caring very little what damaged I caused to the wheels or paint.
With this one, I will have waited about 7 months total before I get my truck (not to mention it will cost me nearly 30k more). And those Style 15 21s are pretty sick to look at. So as much as I hate to admit it, this new truck will likely see little to no off road for at least it's 1st year, .... unless I get the itch again, in which case it'll be in the first 24 hours :)

All I know is my dealer is quite tired of me calling them twice a week to change minor little bits about my order .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.