RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi what's the max size of wheels can one put on RRS HSE 2017?
My partner's RRS has 20" on right now..

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
246 Posts
I don't think up sizing wheels creates an issue so 24's? as long as the overall wheel/tire diameter stays around 31" which is what OEM is and what is compatible with the speedometer, odometer and spare tire. Keep in mind that some wheel sizes have more tire options than others. 20's have a lot of options, 24's probably not so much. Check out Discount Tire and Tire Rack websites that can help determine what's available

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think up sizing wheels creates an issue so 24's? as long as the overall wheel/tire diameter stays around 31" which is what OEM is and what is compatible with the speedometer, odometer and spare tire. Keep in mind that some wheel sizes have more tire options than others. 20's have a lot of options, 24's probably not so much. Check out Discount Tire and Tire Rack websites that can help determine what's available
So yeah we are thinking of getting 22" rims for the RRS. The stock 20" has been good but my partner wants a change of look. You mentioned that I go check Discount Tire and wow they have nice 22s options! Do I have to notify my LR service advisor that we are getting new rims/tires?

·
Registered
246 Posts
No need to tell your LR service advisor. You'll have the option of keeping the 20's and using them for snow or off road tires or selling them on eBay or Craig's list. If you decide to keep the 20's the Tire Pressure Monitoring System valve stems (TPMS) can stay on them as Discount Tire can put new TPMS in or transfer the one's you have now to the new rims if you're not going to keep the 20's. Just be mindful of keeping the overall wheel/tire diameter very close to 31"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No need to tell your LR service advisor. You'll have the option of keeping the 20's and using them for snow or off road tires or selling them on eBay or Craig's list. If you decide to keep the 20's the Tire Pressure Monitoring System valve stems (TPMS) can stay on them as Discount Tire can put new TPMS in or transfer the one's you have now to the new rims if you're not going to keep the 20's. Just be mindful of keeping the overall wheel/tire diameter very close to 31"
Thanks for the help. I called Discount Tire and they said they have to order the rims and tires and then they will call me when they arrive.
I decided to keep the stock 20s. Ok I will be mindful of that. Changing out rims/tires It won't affect the LR warranty right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
endortra. Sounds like you're switching wheel style and ordering new 20" and new tires or did you mean you're keeping the original 20" wheels? Either way it shouldn't affect your warranty. As long as you stick with the proper tire size for the 20" rims which is 255/55/20 you should be in good shape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
endortra. Sounds like you're switching wheel style and ordering new 20" and new tires or did you mean you're keeping the original 20" wheels? Either way it shouldn't affect your warranty. As long as you stick with the proper tire size for the 20" rims which is 255/55/20 you should be in good shape.
Oh sorry for the confusion. I meant I will keep the stock 20s in the storage. But we will buy new 22" rims from DT its from a brand KMC. So I was wondering about the warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m running custom fit 22” ADV-1 Wheels with Pirelli 305-35-22. Perfect fit, no rubbing, fills wheel well.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
152 Posts
You should consider load rating of the wheels. If they don’t have a load rating that meets LR standards for the weight of the vehicle then you may have issues with your insurance if there’s an accident. Same goes for the tires, you need to consider the speed rating and load range. If you’re putting improper equipment on the vehicle and have an accident you’re opening yourself up for problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts