RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to Range Rovers. WE LOVE our 2006 RRS SC (I hope that is the short cut name). One problem we are encountering. We live in Michigan, on dirt road---and have noticed that the wheels on this vehicle seem to have high propensity to accumulate ice/snow/mud---making an out of balance condition. We do not have this problem with any of our other cars (not RR). Is there a solution to prevent this? I am not happy about needing to frequently go to car wash to clean the inside surface of wheels so the car rides smoothly. I am wondering if something is wrong with the finish on the surface of wheel? any tips or process to follow? is this "normal". Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
I am surprised you have never had this issue on other cars. There is nothing wrong with the finish of the wheels. When driving in freezing weather it is perfectly normal for wheels the get dirty and for snow and ice to accumulate on the cold surfaces. The colder the weather the more accumulation you get. This is especially true on a dirt road. That is no different than going off road and having mud accumulate on rims.

Regardless of the car I am driving in winter, if a road has not been serviced with deicer there is nothing to stop the accumulation.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,455 Posts
You can coat the interior of the rims with WD40 or Virgin Olive oil...as long as it doesn't get on the brakes...all is good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts