RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just purchased my 08 RRS and am considering some mods. My number one thing is to change the 19" wheels out for some new Redbourne Hyper Silver 20" or 22"'s . My question is this:

Can anyone attest to the change in ride quality for the two sizes? I live in Colorado and don't do much/if any offroad. (I'll keep my 19's for that) Also would like tire suggestions for quiet soft ride, all season.

Love to hear anyones thoughts. I'm about to call the folks at Discount Tire Direct to place an order.

Best, Jim J
[email protected] :wink:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Welcome!

I've done exactly that at Discount Tire as well, switched out from stock 19's to 20's Redbourne Dukes plus Yokohama Advan S.T.'s, the ride is nice, firmer and better cornering due to the wider tire, and a very comfortable ride. I've ridden in other people's rides on 22's, and they also ride very well, more sports car like, and very comfortable, so it just depends on how you plan on using the car, the air suspension pretty much takes care of the ride quality.

You won't find a lot of options for off road tires in a 19, so if you are itching to hit the trails, the best bet is to sell the 19's, get a set of SE 18's or LR3 18's, and then put on Nitto Terra Grapplers or Coopers Zeon LTV's.

:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Any pics of your ride with the Redbourne's

Hi,

Thank you very much. Do you have pics of your RRS with the 20's on? I've got some pics of an RRS with the 22's which is stunning. I guess if I can see what the 20's look like on I can really make my final decision. Slight ride compromise vs better ride.

Sincerely,Jim

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Re: Thank you. Any pics of your ride with the Redbourne's

I have both 20's and 22's. Assuming similar style tires... the ride is, for all practical purposes, the same.

Paul didn't want to get mixed up with the wrong crowd while driving through the shady back alleys of Brazil, so he went with a more conservative 20" size. :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
agreed with drevs..
if you have off road wheels/tires and looking for a street look, "upgrading" to 20's is kinda a waste. So 22's are same ride, clean look, and about same price and they are 22's.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
All true...:D - partially...

Only I didn't want to have that extra unsprung weight of the 22's and tires as well on an HSE, judging by how fast Drevs S/C is, probably this extra weight is immaterial, so I opted for a nice 20 look...AND, I don't have to worry about the dealer inventing stories about why my 22's are the cause of any issues, related or not...(sound familiar?)

Either way...the price differential on the Redbourne's and tires was material enough between the full package of 20's and 22's to leave some $ for other more interesting mods...

Can't go wrong with either one however, depending on what you're looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts