Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2013 RRS has the design 2 wheels on it and I also have a set of 15 spokes off a 2010 RRS, which I'm assuming will fit on my 2013 RRS?. I'm trying to decide what type and size tires to put on for the winter. I know this has been discussed and I've looked at many posts, but haven't found the direct answer to some of my questions. First off...does anyone know the specific specs for both of these wheels? I know offset has been discussed regarding larger size tire fitting. Do both of these wheel sets have the same offset? Same width? I think the design 2 wheels came on the supercharged sport, so I didn't know if the offset was different due to different brakes on the supercharged. For now, I think I'm planning on using the 15 spoke wheels as my winter set. Like many other folks, I'm deciding between stock size tires or 285/50 20. Leaning heavily towards the Terra Grapplers. The big question is...If I mount the 285/50 20 tires on the 15 spoke wheels, will they fit on my 2013 with no rubbing??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
they should have the same offset, but it's cast into the wheel---look on the back of the wheel around the hub for a stamp like ET5X or just 5X

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they should have the same offset, but it's cast into the wheel---look on the back of the wheel around the hub for a stamp like ET5X or just 5X
Cool, I'll check that out and once I get confirmation on the offset, I guess that will determine if the 285/50 terra grapplers will fit

·
Registered
417 Posts
i just checked for you, they are 53 offset, it will fit, however alloy of people with this wheel size do say you have a tight fit between the tire and the suspension strut, however it still passes

·
Registered
297 Posts
I recall that one member tried 285/50/20 on his 2010 and they did not work. I went with 275/45/20 on my wheels (which are the 15 spoke style above) with no problem. I posted in the tire thread the brand of the tire.

2010 RRS

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recall that one member tried 285/50/20 on his 2010 and they did not work. I went with 275/45/20 on my wheels (which are the 15 spoke style above) with no problem. I posted in the tire thread the brand of the tire.

2010 RRS
This is my exact concern. I've heard some say that the 285/50s fit no problem and others say they don't. Kind of a big gamble to take. Haha
Do you have pics? I definitely want a little more sidewall than the stock Contis...for the occasional curb jumping or light off roading.

·
Registered
417 Posts
oh totally did not read you had a 2013 so im actually not sure if it will fit. If you want to see a 275 45 20 tire set up on some cooper tires just out my threads i posted alot of pics not to long ago

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.