RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have my 2019 RR detailed and wheels need to come off. I've had other cars with air suspension where you needed to shut down the system to take the wheels off the ground. It had a setting for jacking the car. Is there a similar requirement for the RR? As I recall, on my Audi Q7 with air, if you did not put it into "jack mode", when you jacked it up, the system would try to adjust accordingly, with bad results. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
The manual suggests setting the suspension to off-road height; you might also want to 'lock' the suspension before removing the wheels.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I lock in access and keep one door open as the suspension will not move with a door opened...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I lock in access and keep one door open as the suspension will not move with a door opened...
Locking in access height seems like a better idea than what the manual suggests as the jack would have less distance to lift the vehicle.

I wonder why they suggest putting it in off road 1 mode?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just had my car at Discount Tire for the Nokian R3's to be mounted. Prior to pulling in I put the car in offroad setting. I came out and all the doors were shut and they had lifted the car with 4 floor jacks instead of the lifts they normally use. They said it was better that way. I was like ok they know better than I do. They had lowered each floor jack individually as they finished each tire. Once the last one was lowered and all were clear the car was all sorts of crooked. I was a little concerned for a moment. They started the car and said to give it a minute or two and it would self level. I watched the system start to work and sure enough after a minute or so it looked good. I told them I would back out and once home I would be looking closely to make sure no issues and sure enough once I got home it was dialed. If there is a correct way I would love to know so in March when my primary set of wheels and tires go back on I can make sure they do it the right way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
From a bad experience...i used my jack to change a wheel, without thinking about the air suspension...i removed the wheel but the other wheel would no longer fit in...
Results...needed a bunch of 4x4 wood to support the vehicle in order to remove the jack, and then add a couple 4x4 wood under the jack...that worked, after an hour work.
Yes, lock at access hight, and keep door open...that is what i learned after all, and it works.
Thanks and cheers
Luiz.
2017 RR HSE Td6

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Follow the manual and don't second guess it. RRs with EAS from 1993 have ALWAYS been raised to off road height to be jacked up. Lock the suspension and open a door or tail gate as a safety measure. You are taking tyres off, you will be jacking the suspension one corner at a time to remove tyres, not standard jacking points being stranded with failed tyre.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called the dealer and asked about jacking. Their response was that nothing needs to be done when jacking the car. I dug deeper and they doubled down. I'm thinking they should know, but still......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts