RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed a move to Alaska. When i received my wheels on this end with the rest of my stuff, one was found to have multiple sctratches. The moving company is offering me a $50 dollar allowance to live with the damage or i can get an estimate to have it refinished and request that amount. Problem i am having is that there aren't any shops up here in the Anchorage area (that i can find) who do this type of work. Does anyone know a shop that i could submit digital photos of the damaged wheel to that would be willing to cut me an estimate so i can close this deal? If i get awarded the money to fix it, i do plan on actually fixing it...just bought these wheels last year and don't want to ride around with 3 good ones and one jacked-up wheel. The wheel is a 22" Eurosport Thunder, Hypersilver finish. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Check out your local tire shop, they'll usually have a contact for wheel repair... ditto that for car dealerships. Probably cost ya $50-100 to have it done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
just a note on this - i got some curb rash on my new 20's on my 2010 and stopped at a local wheel repair place here in san francisco. i was quoted $260 a rim to clean them up. seemed awfully high to me. gonna look into some other options.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
$100 per wheel here in South Carolina.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
The mobile wheel repair guys in NJ, the same ones in BWB's hyperlink, usually charge $100-120 for the normal curb rash repair.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Follow The Sapper said:
Just completed a move to Alaska. When i received my wheels on this end with the rest of my stuff, one was found to have multiple sctratches. The moving company is offering me a $50 dollar allowance to live with the damage or i can get an estimate to have it refinished and request that amount. Problem i am having is that there aren't any shops up here in the Anchorage area (that i can find) who do this type of work. Does anyone know a shop that i could submit digital photos of the damaged wheel to that would be willing to cut me an estimate so i can close this deal? If i get awarded the money to fix it, i do plan on actually fixing it...just bought these wheels last year and don't want to ride around with 3 good ones and one jacked-up wheel. The wheel is a 22" Eurosport Thunder, Hypersilver finish. Thanks in advance for the help.
Can you please post pics of these on your RR? These are the C5-1 Rinspeed knockoffs and I would like to see if they are actually close to the Rinspeeds...many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
[quote="Follow The Sapper":83x0ln51]Just completed a move to Alaska. When i received my wheels on this end with the rest of my stuff, one was found to have multiple sctratches. The moving company is offering me a $50 dollar allowance to live with the damage or i can get an estimate to have it refinished and request that amount. Problem i am having is that there aren't any shops up here in the Anchorage area (that i can find) who do this type of work. Does anyone know a shop that i could submit digital photos of the damaged wheel to that would be willing to cut me an estimate so i can close this deal? If i get awarded the money to fix it, i do plan on actually fixing it...just bought these wheels last year and don't want to ride around with 3 good ones and one jacked-up wheel. The wheel is a 22" Eurosport Thunder, Hypersilver finish. Thanks in advance for the help.
Can you please post pics of these on your RR? These are the C5-1 Rinspeed knockoffs and I would like to see if they are actually close to the Rinspeeds...many thanks.[/quote:83x0ln51]

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16544&p=265114#p265114

u r welcome. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts