RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Very confused here. Manual states that the side steps must be retracted to jack the vehicle. Another technical bulletin on the Land Rover site states that the steps must be removed prior to changing wheels..... What gives? On the underside of the steps there is a notch with cutout that appears to be very similar to the standard jack points.

I have my own lift and prefer to do most of my own maintenance. If I can't use the jack points without taking the darn side steps off every time it's going to be a major PITA.

The side steps are OEM and were installed on the vehicle after delivery I assume as this is a CPO '16 autobiography without the option on the window sticker. No manual was present in the documentation I received at delivery.

I would assume there are alternate lift points on the frame etc. but I can't find them in the manual.

Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Good grief that is ridiculous. I doubt there are alternate points.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
You're supposed to jack from that notch on the side step, with the side step retracted under the car. I also do my own work and have changed the tires many times using that jack point

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Also you're suppose to lock the deployable steps before you jack it.
I think you are supposed to yes. If I remember from my F250 Super duty you hold your foot on the step when shutting the door and it locks it out until you open and close the door again.

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
I too have the deplorable side steps and found in the instructions that we are supposed to use their moutings at fore and aft ends as jacking points, this worked fine for me,

Cheers

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're supposed to jack from that notch on the side step, with the side step retracted under the car. I also do my own work and have changed the tires many times using that jack point
Is this the jacking point? (this is a 2019 L494 - which I'm assuming is similar)
jacking.jpg

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts