RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Disco II and a '02 P38. I have Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas on both of them. I am religious about balancing the wheels. I get them done at Sam's Club. I always know when it is time to balance the wheels because the steering wheel starts vibrating between 50 and 55 mph. Is this something I am just going to have to accept?

Incidentally, though, I installed the EBC performance brake pads and rotors on my Disco II. I don't know if it is because of these, or not, but the wheel shakes violently when I am breaking hard at a relatively high speed. Thoughts?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,728 Posts
Wheel shaking while braking is usually a sign of warped rotors.

As far as tyre balance, just swap the wheels between your rigs and see if the jutters follow. If the vibration follows then you really do have a wheel/tyre issue. If it doesn't follow then you have other issues. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
640 Posts
lesjonpool said:
but the wheel shakes violently when I am breaking hard at a relatively high speed. Thoughts?
Check your new rotors/disc's are mounted on to hub's correctly, initial thoughts would be a warped rotor. If rotors not fitted on hub square could give same effect.

Cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back to the balancing.... I never had any problem with our Rangie until we put on the Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas. They seem to be a much harder ride. Hopefully they last a long time as a trade-off.

Both trucks have Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas, a mild wheel shake between 50-55 mph, and are serviced by Sam's Club.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts