Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is it normal for the track rod to have adjustments only on RHS ?

refds

kapila

·
Registered
269 Posts
yes...the technical terms are leaving me at the moment, but one bar/rod adjusts the distance between the spindles (toe-in, toe-out) and the other the distance from steering box to opposite spindle. You don't need an adjustment on both ends.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NikeCheck246 said:
yes...the technical terms are leaving me at the moment, but one bar/rod adjusts the distance between the spindles (toe-in, toe-out) and the other the distance from steering box to opposite spindle. You don't need an adjustment on both ends.
Hi,

So if u go for wheel alignment whch one will they have to adjust?
How do u measure the toe-in?

regds

kapila

·
Registered
269 Posts
kapilamuni said:
NikeCheck246 said:
Hi,

So if u go for wheel alignment whch one will they have to adjust?
How do u measure the toe-in?

regds

kapila
First, they adjust the bar between spindles to get the wheels toe-ed correctly. Then, you pull the steering bar in or out until the steering wheel is straight based on the front wheels and their alignment. In other words, we use a computer here (I work for Bill Walker Tire Center) to check alignment. You bring the toe into the "green", and then adjust the steering wheel while maintaining the "green" alignment on the computer.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.
Here too it's computerised. but other cars have adjustments on both ends

·
Registered
269 Posts
correct...but most other cars are not solid axles. They have control arms and spindles, and alot of them have rack and pinion where its all involved.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks buddy. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts