RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I am creeping up on 60K mile mark and was curious who has the highest mileage on the clock and what major problems were encountered over the 60K mark.

Thanks!
:mrgreen:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
147K miles, no major anything, great car. Since my factory warranty expired over 3 years ago, I busted two front shocks (probably due to my off-roading) and I have the common knocking noise from the front suspensions over bumps, for now I can live with it. I am thinking of replacing all "soft" factory bushings in front with a Polybush kit at my next scheduled service, which is coming up in about 3K miles. Everything else has been fairly ordinary stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
my bet for most miles on there would be umberto. not only was he one of the first to pick it up in 2005, but he drives a million miles a week.

i creeping up on the century club at 91k. same story as umberto. nothing major. front bushings replaced during 90k service and was thinking of doing the same poly bushing "upgrade" umberto mentions. a few leaky seals here and there, but if doesn't leak, is it really a Land Rover?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
106K...humming along nicely....

Had to replace the alternator recently about a few weeks ago, but all in all just regular repairs, air compressor a while back, new EPB twice, and then normal bushings all the way around. Not a single clunk or squeak in the vehicle, drives as if new I daresay.

Thinking about getting a refresh on the paint as I have a few chips on the roof line above the front window that have peeled a bit...so may just paint the whole roof.

Now that I think about it, I bet Umberto, Phil and myself and those who run 18's most or all of the time are actually about 7% higher in actual mileage than that registered on the odometer due to the oversize tires, so that would put Umberto at over 150K!!! I"m hoping mine lasts at least $300K...absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
nvr_home said:
Gents,

I am creeping up on 60K mile mark and was curious who has the highest mileage on the clock and what major problems were encountered over the 60K mark.

Thanks!
:mrgreen:
8400 - since April. I love driving this rig.

·
Registered
144 Posts
DAM Guys...my 06 just hit 30K miles and the radio is playing the arse...its going straight to phone mode....i need to drive this thing more often...holy crap guys.. 8-0=

·
Registered
52 Posts
2008 SC - 23,500 Miles

Issues so far:

Passenger Seat Control module replaced (fuse kept blowing)
Suspenion Fault Light - Dealer replaced valve & dryer.
Check Engine Light (twice) - Dealer "flashed" computer as a fix.

Warranty will expire July 2011 and I will DEFINATELY be buying an extended warranty from the dealer before it expires.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
2010 HSE bought 10/19/2009 - 13,500 Miles

·
Registered
67 Posts
2006 and just hit 21K and no major issues thus far. Warranty expires this December and still sitting on the fence as to purchase extended coverage or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
147K miles, no major anything, great car. Since my factory warranty expired over 3 years ago, I busted two front shocks (probably due to my off-roading) and I have the common knocking noise from the front suspensions over bumps, for now I can live with it. I am thinking of replacing all "soft" factory bushings in front with a Polybush kit at my next scheduled service, which is coming up in about 3K miles. Everything else has been fairly ordinary stuff.
Can someone post a link or source for the polybush kit? I have the same noise from the front suspension over bumps and am coming up on the 75k oil change in 2k miles. That would be a great time to have that done.

2006 sc

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
Are changing bushings cheaper than just changing out the control arms? I'm wandering about the labor involved in bushing change?

My 08 has 46,330. No major issues except for a leaking sunroof that needs addressed, and a faulty TPMS system that I'm about to pull the fuse on to fix it for good......

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
91,000 miles

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
2011 HSE... just hitting 13,000 miles and loving every moment of it.

- GrrRover -
2011 Range Rover Sport HSE 5.0

| Fiji White | Almond Interior | Cold Weather Package | 22" Rinspeed C5 |

1 - 20 of 65 Posts