RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I found it on Ronny's page but can't find out which model of QT it is.

It appears that it's not a P38 official one since the hole on the left for the drain plug isn't located at the right place

http://hem.bredband.net/ronronp38/

Regards

Flo

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This guy is well known here, and my antivirus anti trojan didn't find any

·
Registered
199 Posts
While I can see that this is a long standing member I reported this due to the fact that any of out web sites/forums can be attacked and trojans inserted without our knowlegde. I am still getting the warning as seen below and cannot view the link due to it being blocked by my AV. Hopefully it is a false positive but still needs checking out. Hope I have not put you to trouble.

:pray:

·
Registered
14 Posts
it's the same as a later 110 Defender

below is a copy of an email Qt sent me earlier in the year

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can supply the P38 guard (A1080) for £50 plus £12 delivery to UK mainland and Vat, total £72.85. If you require delivery to any alternative location please let me have the full address and I can arrange for a quotation for you. We can despatch the guard on a next working day service to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

Kind regards,
Laura.

Qt Services Ltd
Unit11B Miller Business Park
Station Road
Liskeard
Cornwall
PL14 4DA
01579 349688

gives you the cost and part number

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
TehPriest said:
While I can see that this is a long standing member I reported this due to the fact that any of out web sites/forums can be attacked and trojans inserted without our knowlegde. I am still getting the warning as seen below and cannot view the link due to it being blocked by my AV. Hopefully it is a false positive but still needs checking out. Hope I have not put you to trouble.

:pray:
As admin I should check things a bit closer and be a bit more careful with these kind of reports. I have ran 3 different software checks and none are flagging his site. This may be a case of false positive or even just a simple random generic positive. THanks for letting us know, but I am not finding any reason for alarm. I have sent him a PM to check his host and his site data so as to be safe.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ratman said:
it's the same as a later 110 Defender

below is a copy of an email Qt sent me earlier in the year

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can supply the P38 guard (A1080) for £50 plus £12 delivery to UK mainland and Vat, total £72.85. If you require delivery to any alternative location please let me have the full address and I can arrange for a quotation for you. We can despatch the guard on a next working day service to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

Kind regards,
Laura.

Qt Services Ltd
Unit11B Miller Business Park
Station Road
Liskeard
Cornwall
PL14 4DA
01579 349688

gives you the cost and part number
Thanks

Are you sure about it because there was a big mistake about the P38 diff guard by QT?
In fact there's none, what they call P38 is the later Defender axle name.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Luara at Qt was very helpfull and did confirm that none where listed but they did have one that fitted as per reply

give them a ring or email i'm sure they'll put you right

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ratman said:
Luara at Qt was very helpfull and did confirm that none where listed but they did have one that fitted as per reply

give them a ring or email i'm sure they'll put you right
Good, i'll check that a let you know

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ithink the problem is that the later diffs on Defenders have the
P38 designation.
As LR never used the P38 designation but LP for the 'P38 Range Rover'
this is where the confusion comes.
I had a similar expirience with Kam Diffs on there stand at a show. I kept
refering to a P38 RR he kept referring to the P38 diff. It took a while to
get the message across that what he was talking about would'nt fit my vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
it's off a late model Defender, i have one fitted to mine front and rear.
the front was a PITA and we had to resort to the red axe and cut/shut to clear the bar.
to fit them you'll need to either disassemble the diff and insert longer bolts (i understand ones off a Discovery will do it or purchase appropriate items aftermarket) or do as we did and reduce the thickness of the mounting plate (where it goes onto the 'nose' of the diff) by half and safetywire/threadlock nuts on.

................tasi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts